PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for help remembering old rpg/adventure Apple II game

BlueZ71
September 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Hello,

I'm hoping someone may be able to figure out a game I am looking for. It's hard to describe but I remember it being an rpg/adventure type game. I believe it was in applesoft with no graphics with a top down view. It looked a lot like Apple Trek in terms of top down view, except it was an adventure instead of space. I believe the map consisted of characters like $ @ ^ etc... I think a temple was a ^ character. Thought the game was called combat or monster combat, something like that but doesn't seem to be the case. I wish I could provide more clues. I often wonder if it was just a game that was created locally and distributed at the time. I know I did play it a lot and it was on a disk with other games.

If anyone remembers or has any ideas that would be great. Thank you for your help!

ahm
September 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Sounds like any of the Rogue-like (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike) games.
Was it "Beneath Apple Manor"?

BlueZ71
September 19th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the response!

It definitely wasn't Beneath Apple Manor. You hit the nail on the head as for the description. It was a rogue like game in that the graphics were all ASCII. Also, I believe it took place outdoors like a wilderness adventure with monsters. But it wasn't the game wilderness campaign. I believe that one has graphics.

BlueZ71
September 28th, 2009, 08:00 AM
** just wanted to update that I found the game. Details are in my other posting in the Vintage Gaming section. Thanks to all that helped!