PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with ETEQ 386 chipsets?

Anonymous Coward
September 24th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I just ordered a 386 motherboard that uses the ETEQ Cougar chipset. I haven't used ETEQ before, but from what I understand it came out fairly late in the game. From a a few glimpses back at the newsgroups it appears there aren't any major incompatibilities and they are fairly quick.

Anyone in here who ran one of these in their 386s back in the early 90s that can give any additional info? From what I've heard there are some utilities out there that have quite a few chipset tweaks.

IBMMuseum
September 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I just ordered a 386 motherboard that uses the ETEQ Cougar chipset. I haven't used ETEQ before, but from what I understand it came out fairly late in the game. From a a few glimpses back at the newsgroups it appears there aren't any major incompatibilities and they are fairly quick.

Anyone in here who ran one of these in their 386s back in the early 90s that can give any additional info? From what I've heard there are some utilities out there that have quite a few chipset tweaks.

Ive got a 486 mobo that is original AT-sized, with ETEQ chipset. Might even have some manuals or other information on the 386DX level. As I remember it may have had the doubled CMOS RAM size, as was common, and bits could changed chipset features there.