PDA

View Full Version : powerbase for Mac power CD

G.A.Pster
October 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I have a Mac power CD it doesnít have its powerbase so itís a paperweight.
I have 10v transformers, and scsy cords, do any of you know which pins on the scsy port need to be powered to get this thing to run?

If so I could make it into a stand-alone CD player (an improvement over a paperweight). :rolleyes:

G.A.Pster
October 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
None of you have a multimeter and powerbase?

Anonymous Freak
October 20th, 2009, 12:15 AM
None of you have a multimeter and powerbase?

Yeah, yeah... Bump, bump...

I'll see if I can find my PowerCD (it's in a storage cabinet at the moment, I think it might be accessible, but I'm not sure,) and see if I can get some readings off it.

One note: that connector *looks* like a standard DB-25 SCSI-1 connector, but it isn't just SCSI-1 plus power. It is apparently a completely custom electrical-wiring connector that just happens to use the ubiquitous plug. Do *NOT* try to plug it in to SCSI.

Of course, if all you want to do is use it as a fancy-looking audio CD player, once you get power to it, it should work fine that way.

G.A.Pster
November 4th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Did You ever locate your PowerCD?

Yeah I just want to use it as a fancy-looking audio CD player.
I canít stand to see useful hardware relegated to paperweight status.

Anonymous Freak
November 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
No, sorry. It must be buried in a box in storage at the moment.

G.A.Pster
November 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
No problem, do you know of any other forum where someone might know?

Anonymous Freak
November 7th, 2009, 01:25 AM
No problem, do you know of any other forum where someone might know?

Your best bets would be 68k Macintosh Liberation Army (http://www.68kmla.net) or PowerPC Mac Liberation Army (http://www.ppcmla.com/forums). The PPCMLA is an unofficial offshoot of the 68kmla. It's VERY low volume (1-2 posts a week, tops,) but it covers the right era for the PowerCD. Most PPCMLA readers also read the 68kmla, so the 'Peripherals' section on 68kmla is probably your best bet. The 68kmla has a few members that also post here.

G.A.Pster
November 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Ok, Thanks a lot for your help.:D

If I ever find out, Iíll post the info here.