PDA

View Full Version : My recent finds.

Tupin
November 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I was browsing Craigslist and I came upon an ad for vintage computers. That was on Sunday, I picked the computers up Monday, and finally got around to using them today. :D

Here's a list of what I got:

Compaq Portable II

Tandy 1000 with 3.5 inch drive (how do I access that?!?)

TRS-80 CoCo "KoKo" 2

Heathkit HF-241-80 (runs CP/M, not DOS, and weighs a ton)

Two TI-99/4as, one in box that's never been opened, and one bare.

A few monitors, one IBM PC style for the Heathkit, one Tandy-brand for the Tandy 1000, one Zenith Data Systems monitor that doesn't seem to turn on, and another one that has severe screen burn in.

A US Robotics Courier 2400 modem, in box, never used.

A CompatiCard I in box, never used.

The MS-DOS 5 Upgrade, in box.

TI-99/4a cartridges, cassettes, and most interestingly, a joystick and joystick adapter. Also included 99'er magazines and TI instruction manuals.

A Hitachi CD-ROM drive from 1987.

A box of random replacement drives and cards for IBM PCs, and some random ads and newspaper ads thrown in.

The cost? Free. The guy I got it from used to run a computer club at Boeing, and they stopped doing it and had to get rid of the club's possessions. The Heathkit itself has a big McDonald-Douglas sticker on it, even more evidence to this history.

Securix
November 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Congrats on such a nice haul. I love those, where folks just have stuff they need to get rid of. I did one last weekend in Brooklyn. Mine was almost free also, the guy just had way too much stuff and needed to get rid of some. I had to offer him something, though, so much good stuff.

I was browsing Craigslist and I came upon an ad for vintage computers. That was on Sunday, I picked the computers up Monday, and finally got around to using them today. :D

Here's a list of what I got:

Compaq Portable II

Tandy 1000 with 3.5 inch drive (how do I access that?!?)

TRS-80 CoCo "KoKo" 2

Heathkit HF-241-80 (runs CP/M, not DOS, and weighs a ton)

Two TI-99/4as, one in box that's never been opened, and one bare.

A few monitors, one IBM PC style for the Heathkit, one Tandy-brand for the Tandy 1000, one Zenith Data Systems monitor that doesn't seem to turn on, and another one that has severe screen burn in.

A US Robotics Courier 2400 modem, in box, never used.

A CompatiCard I in box, never used.

The MS-DOS 5 Upgrade, in box.

TI-99/4a cartridges, cassettes, and most interestingly, a joystick and joystick adapter. Also included 99'er magazines and TI instruction manuals.

A Hitachi CD-ROM drive from 1987.

A box of random replacement drives and cards for IBM PCs, and some random ads and newspaper ads thrown in.

The cost? Free. The guy I got it from used to run a computer club at Boeing, and they stopped doing it and had to get rid of the club's possessions. The Heathkit itself has a big McDonald-Douglas sticker on it, even more evidence to this history.

Chuckster_in_Jax
November 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Wow! You really got some nice stuff! You even got a Compaticard. Those are rare!

Tupin
November 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I heard that those CompatiCards are worth some money, but I thought it was the CompatiCard IV that went for the most.