PDA

View Full Version : Simple?

Terry Yager
June 8th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Don'cha just love the irony of finding a 1000-page manual with a title like "**** Simplified?" What did the manual look like before they simplified it?

--T

vic user
June 9th, 2005, 05:11 AM
good one!

maybe their quick reference guide is only a 100 pages or so?

chris

carlsson
June 9th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Maybe the intention was to simplify, but the editor thought there is a need to explain a lot of things in detail, so while the book doesn't cover the advanced topics, it grew back due to all explanations.

CP/M User
June 11th, 2005, 11:40 PM
"Terry Yager" wrote:

> Don'cha just love the irony of finding a 1000-page manual with a title
> like "**** Simplified?" What did the manual look like before they
> simplified it?

So sorry to stop you there, but I just can't help by starting with a rant :-(

I've got one of those stupid idiots guides which talks about Hardware, IMO what kind of book is suppose trash something else (i.e. Old Hardware). I figure a computer is a computer (which mean's every computer has a purpose), but to some smuck who needs the fastest thing on the block, they should ban those books!

As you've probably figured out - I'm doing some Environmental Course, which has a little bit of computing in it. Not to knock the old computers or anything, but it's quite funny when you have some teacher - dug out from somewhere, who goes into a lecture about all the old computer stuff. Well it is interesting - but not quite relevant to the course, do you know what I mean?!

CP/M User.