PDA

View Full Version : Atari ST 1040

toro
November 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
I've seen an ST 1040 (I think that was the correct model) with monitor for around 20 bucks. Is it worth it, or is it junk ? Also, there didn't seem to be a power supply. What kind of PSU do you need to make them work ?

I don't know much about those. :confused:

geoffm3
November 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
I've seen an ST 1040 (I think that was the correct model) with monitor for around 20 bucks. Is it worth it, or is it junk ? Also, there didn't seem to be a power supply. What kind of PSU do you need to make them work ?

I don't know much about those. :confused:

They have the power supply built in to them. They just take a standard AC power code like you'd use on a PC.

There are two different monitors... a color and a black and white one. The color ones start with SC, and the monos are SM. Most games will not play in monochrome since it's a different resolution from color.

geoffm3
November 23rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
The 1040 is a 1MB machine. You had to step up to the Mega 2 or 4 to get more memory. There was also a 520ST which had 512KB and didn't have a built in floppy drive.

I think the 1040 is the most common of all the STs, so it should be the most compatible.

toro
November 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info guys, at least now I know I don't need a power source :)

Dutch
November 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
And it's only twenty bucks. Snag it! :D

NathanAllan
November 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Heck yeah, that's a great deal for what you get-- I personally have paid more. Definitely a deal, snag it (like Dutch said:) )

kickback999
November 29th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Its gonna be worth it if your gonna use it, if not and its just for a collection buy a dead one so we arent deprived of working systems in the active atari community.