PDA

View Full Version : AIX 4.3.2 on Motorola Powerstack II

TNC
January 6th, 2010, 01:36 PM
The Installation (didnt tried any further) work fine, if I'm using a serial terminal. For this I have to unplug the keyboard and the mouse. Furthermore the graphicscard has to be removed.

When I want to install it without the serial terminal, the installation will hang before I can enter anything. It seems, that the machine executes the installer, but all I can see is the initial firmware screen.

As referring to the OpenFirmware Dokumentation, I have a graphicscard, which is supported:

Card Chipset
--------------------------------------------------------------
Datapath Tornado Weitek 9100
Diamond Multimedia Viper Pro Video Weitek 9100
Motorola Prolink 5434 5434
Univision Aurora S3 968/VRAM

Mine is a Miro Video 20SV, which is a S3 968 including VRAM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :)

TNC
January 9th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Nobody? :(

Cube Over
January 22nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Despite having the same chip, yours is not Univision Aurora.
You need to get one off the list, look up "Card" field, not "Chipset".

hyweiac
June 10th, 2011, 12:34 AM
The Installation (didnt tried any further) work fine, if I'm using a serial terminal. For this I have to unplug the keyboard and the mouse. Furthermore the graphicscard has to be removed.

When I want to install it without the serial terminal, the installation will hang before I can enter anything. It seems, that the machine executes the installer, but all I can see is the initial firmware screen.

As referring to the OpenFirmware Dokumentation, I have a graphicscard, which is supported:

Card Chipset
--------------------------------------------------------------
Datapath Tornado Weitek 9100
Diamond Multimedia Viper Pro Video Weitek 9100
Motorola Prolink 5434 5434
Univision Aurora S3 968/VRAM

Mine is a Miro Video 20SV, which is a S3 968 including VRAM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :)

I have Motorola AIX 4.32 system. nut It crash down last week. I can't boot from CD , because CD media is dead. Can you get CD ISO form you ( 82-1243 )? hyweiac@gmail.com