PDA

View Full Version : Atari setup help

otaku
January 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Would like to get an atari setup the whole deal-monitor, keyboard, mouse everything I need. If anyone has or knows of a setup for me to buy or trade stuff for I'm very interested.

ahm
January 8th, 2010, 08:58 PM
It would be useful to know which Atari you're looking for.
You might also mention roughly where you're located, in case there's someone nearby.

NathanAllan
January 8th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I have a 2600 rig ready to go, if that's what you're looking for.

Right, location, model would be helpful. Definitely in the right place to get something like this.

AB Positive
January 12th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Well, the use of the word "Monitor" makes me think probably the ST line - they're the only Atari comp. line that had it's own monitor requirement.

8-bits can run off a TV or if you want a bit of a better picture, off a 1702 C64 monitor.

carlsson
January 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Not only monitor - he mentions mouse. While I'm not an expert on the Atari 8-bit computers, I think only occasionally you would use a mouse with those, if at all. It definitely sounds like the poster is looking for an Atari ST setup, perhaps even a Mega, TT or similar if there is a need for an external keyboard.

AB Positive
January 13th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Indeed, I use my 800XL often and can't honestly remember any time I ever used a mouse with it, or indeed what mouse one would use with it.

NathanAllan
January 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Seems he is looking for an ST, that one definitely did use a mouse. Never used a mouse myself with my 800XL, either. I guess the 2600 is out of the question, then.

Everyone should have one, it's a great system.

desertbard
March 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Seems he is looking for an ST, that one definitely did use a mouse. Never used a mouse myself with my 800XL, either. I guess the 2600 is out of the question, then.

Everyone should have one, it's a great system.

You need to upgrade your picture. That does not look like you anymore!

unicorn
March 4th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Would like to get an atari setup the whole deal-monitor, keyboard, mouse everything I need. If anyone has or knows of a setup for me to buy or trade stuff for I'm very interested.

Hello Otaku,

Still wating for your answer that which "Atari" you're looking for .........?