PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

Midwest
January 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I am sorry for offending some members of this site. I placed an offer for older laptops for parts. One of your members decided that they were not old enough for this forum. I will do everyone a favor and discontinue offering any of our old equipment so as to not offend persons of this site. I apologize to anyone that was offended.

Midwest

Chuck(G)
January 16th, 2010, 12:04 PM
There's a section for newer equipment that gets used all the time. It's called "Off Topic Marketplace" (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/forumdisplay.php?61-Off-Topic-Marketplace). Right now there's a Compaq EN400 there that's about the same age as the WinCE notebooks you've been offering.

If the moderators think that 1999 WinCE notebooks are "vintage", I won't argue.

mbbrutman
January 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Midwest,

Chuck is right. If you have something vintage for sale, put it in the for sale section. If it is an auction, put it in the auction section. If it is not vintage, put it in the off topic marketplace. Do not post items for sale or for auction in the machine specific areas.

Chuck - The moderators don't think that 1999 WinCE notebooks are vintage. I don't see the usefulness of posing that argument - it clearly is not. This is more a matter of getting the moderators to be more aggressive about moving postings to the right areas, and about people learning to use the right areas.

tezza
January 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Most of us regulars know what constitutes "vintage" in terms of this forum but that definition is not always known by newbies.

I know there is a sticky in the general forum (I think it's in response to a newbie question from me) but it would be worth defining vintage in terms of this site right on the new Front Page (which most newbies would visit first).

I'm thinking in the part that says "Welcome to the New Vintage Computer Forums" where Erik has filler text right now. Either that or a specific sticky somewhere else on that front page.

Tez

mikerm
January 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Midwest, don't worry, your posts were just moved over to the proper category. Your original locations aren't for selling the equipment, just talking about them. As said above they were moved to the proper location which is the Off-Topic for sale section. I'm sure the mod has nothing against you, whoever it was is just keeping the place organized, that's all. :)

Don't worry, be happy!