PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my Rainbow in the mial :)

Chris2005
July 19th, 2005, 09:14 PM
This guy made me WAAAAAAAAAAAAIT! It's ok though, it was free :) (except for postage), and it's in really good shape, and has the cutest little monitor I done ever seen. He evidently kept it in good shape, and the disks were all boxed. Haven't played with it or archived the disks (I'm big on preserving software), but I figure I'll be doing that in the next few days, using Teledisk????

********IF YOU HAVE ANY BETTER SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE MAKE THEM KNOWN :)************************************************ ***

I also have that Televideo Personal Mini with an early version of Netware on disks (Infoshare), I figured I'd use Teledisk for them also. I really have only used WinImage to date, it works well for what it can do, but balks on anything but run of the mill DOS formatted disks. It chokes on diagnostic disks, even ones that can be DISKCOPY-ed. WTF's up with that???

The Personal Mini also has a miniscribe hard drive which clicks and whirs when you turn it on. I don't suppose anyone can suggest a way of archiving the contents of that item, possibly in a pc (with the drive installed in tandem w/another hard drive possibly). I'll have to look at the model number. I guess I should also read the manuals.

We need to start a knowledge base on imaging issues. I'd be interested to hear your experiences with the various imaging software out there. I get almost NO response from the snobs on cctech. What can you do :(.

Terry Yager
July 19th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I doubt you'll be able to copy any Rainbow disks on a PC, you'll probably end up having to transfer the software thru the serial port.

--T

Chris2005
July 19th, 2005, 10:15 PM
but according to: http://www.classiccmp.org/rainbow/files.html , Teledisk can be used to create Rainbow boot disk on a pc, so therefore I'd think you could image them with TD. For a semi-compatible, the software for this thing is by far the easiest to find. I'm not fully aware of the technical aspects or reading/writing between a R100 and a PC, but I would imagine there's something out there that can do it.