PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for Kaypro software???

topher
February 21st, 2010, 09:55 AM
A while back on this forum I was talking to a gentleman from the UK. I agreed to send him copies on 5 1/4 disks. I have since then lost his e-mail. If you or anyone else is interested, I am still able to make those copies for you.

Thanks
Christopher

Mr.Amiga500
February 21st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Yes! I need some Kaypro software. What kind of stuff have you got?

topher
February 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
I have word processing and some games. If you like I'll have to look tomorrow to see all the titles.
Where in CA are you? I'm in the Seattle area.

Thanks
Christopher

GADFRAN
February 21st, 2010, 04:34 PM
Check with deviceside@deviceside.com at www.deviceside.com.

He has the new USB/5.25" disk drive interface as of 02/18/2010 for only $55. Got many good reviews.

He needs such disks to allow his device to be used for Kaypros and CP/M disks.

Frank

kyeakel
February 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
How about a Kaypro 2 boot disk?
Kipp

tezza
February 21st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Kipp,

This article (http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2010-02-18-writing-cpm-from-1.2mb-disks.htm) might help if you don't have an old MS-DOS 360K drive machine from which to create Kaypro disks from images. It details how you can use a Windows 98 machine with a 1.2 MB 5.25 inch drive.

There may also be a solution for XP/VISTA/Win7 machines but I don't think there is.

The link to ImageDisk in the article will take you to Dave Dunfield's website where you can download Kaypro boot images and ImageDisk itself. If you do have an MS-DOS computer with a 360k double-density drive, making a boot disk is a straightforward process.

Tez

GADFRAN
February 22nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Tez,

Thanks !

As you know, many of us get those questions all the time.

Now we can refer them to this post and that should get them started,
without them having to search around a lot.

Pllease keep such items coming.

I think we all are building a nice "knowledge base" for Kaypros especially to continue to encourage
new people to our great hobby.

Frank

barythrin
February 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
If it's not and you have some spare time, make sure it's on the wiki (http://wiki.vintage-computer.com/index.php/Main_Page)