PDA

View Full Version : wanted: manual for Commodore 8032 and/or 64K expansion card

billdeg
August 5th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I have recently picked up a PET 8032 with a 64K expansion card. I would like to install the 64K card correctly. I can guess what to do, but I am patient to wait for proper documentation. Is there a URL with this info? I also need a #4 key, if anyone has one for sale/trade.
thanks.
Bill

NOTE: I have found an original manual and disks. This project is now complete...

MystikShadows
August 6th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Hi bill,

I did a little research and found this:

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/computers/pet/SuperPET/index.html

The SuperPet was an 8032 with 1 or two added boards (including the 64KB Ram expansion board. This link provides schematics that might help you out. If not, there's alot of docs on that same website that might help you out.

Hope this helps.

billdeg
August 6th, 2005, 09:10 AM
thanks. The image is not available. I am pretty sure that I know how to install the card and cables. What I am unsure of is how to test the memory expansion. Will the screen still say 317xx bytes available, or will it display that the full 95xxx bytes are free. (I am not sure exactly how many bytes, somewhere between 95000 and 96500). Is there a simple test program that I can run to confirm that the memory is available? That would suffice.

billdeg
August 9th, 2005, 05:36 PM
there is a software program that's made for testing the expansion card, it came with the card. I am attempting to track one down now. I have a potential source and hope to get a copy of the program soon. If that does not work, I have posted everything I have found to-date onto vintagecomputer.net/commodore/pet/8032/ to make my own program using assembly language. Add to my list of to-do's.

billdeg
November 4th, 2005, 06:19 AM
I now have a new expansion card with software and cables, no longer need.