PDA

View Full Version : Jumper settings Mitsubishi MF501B-312M

SunDown79
March 14th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I just dug up an old XT clone (Red Point) and I got it back working again but want to replace the 5.25" drive with a different one.

The old one is a Mitsubishi MF501B-312M and I want to replace it with a Panasonic JU-475-2 (not because it doesn't work but the Panasonic looks better).

I have jumpered the Panasonic the way I think it should work but well, it doesn't hehe.
So I want to know what all the jumper settings on the old drive are so I can perhaps change the Panasonic to that.

Or does anyone perhaps know any standard guidelines for 5.25" drives on a XT ?

Chuck(G)
March 14th, 2010, 09:36 AM
The JU-475 drive is a 1.2MB unit, the MF501 is a 360K.

If your XT has a controller to handle high-density drives, the normal settings for an AT are DS2, DS, DC, CX, SP, AT, MM, DA on; everything else off. If not, you can't use the Panasonic without a different controller (and BIOS extension to support it).

SunDown79
March 14th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Owww I didn't think of that....
No dont think the card would support anything else then a 360K drive (its unbranded but think its this card : http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/io-cards/U-Z/UNIDENTIFIED-Multi-I-O-MULTI-I-O-CARD.html)

Oh well, better go look for a different drive then, got a whole pile so.

SunDown79
March 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
And indeed, first one i picked from the pile is a Toshiba ND-04DT which should work :)