PDA

View Full Version : Items For Sale Or Trade

Terry Yager
August 16th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by people who pop into a bb like this one, leave an ad for something they are selling, and then pop out, never to log in again? It just seems like bad manners to not at least say hello to the people you're hoping to sell stuff to. I mean, it's like, if we don't buy anything from them, then we ain't worth talking to. If you check the memberlist, there's dozens, if not hundreds of one-time posters, and most of them have posted to the "For Sale" forum. I don't necessarilly begrudge these people the right to sell stuff, that's what free classifieds are there for, but phul-eeze...show some manners...

--T

Mad-Mike
August 16th, 2005, 10:06 PM
The thing I don't understand about these random seller people is why, oh wy, of all places on the whole internet, do they bother E-Z board type message boards? I don't mean to sound a little "mean" about them here, but 90% of the time, what they are selling is not even something one of the members would be interested in, or if it is, it's in the wrong part of the forum! I hang out at boards that deal with 8088-486 based IBM compatibles most of the time, and almost once a month, out of any of those sites, some guy will come in there selling "brand new" Pentium IV computers that have been refurbished or some junk like that. If it's brand new, how can it be refurbished, and even then, none of it interests any of us, at least, not in that part of the forum. It's not much different elsewhere, I've been to boards that deal with guitars, say it would be a Gibson Les Paul board, then some guy is trying to sell us Cut Price Fender Telecasters in the Les Paul Special section.

Probably what ticks me off about the ads the most is that most of these ads seem hokey at best, like what they are selling is not what they are really "selling". I'd like to find an AMD 64 laptop for under $200, I really would, but I've learned from living, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Unknown_K
August 17th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Last month one of the Amiga boards I frequent had simular problems with people showing up just to sell Amiga gear and not add anything to the normal discussions.

What can you do?

Mad-Mike: What boards deal with 8088-486 compatibles exclusively?