PDA

View Full Version : cover off?

cydonia7
August 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
How do i get the cover off an Tandy model 3 computer?

So i can check it out before turning it on.

MystikShadows
August 27th, 2005, 07:09 AM
I think they use a werid kind of screw or something (if I recall correctly) and of course, the tool could be bought at where else, radio shack..back then...

Maybe I'm mixing models though...been a while since I looked at the back of a model III

Rick Ethridge
August 27th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Attempting to remove the cover on a Model III is a major undertaking. Unless it's absolutely necessary, removing the case is NOT recommended. All that is required to open the case is removing all the phillips screws. Failure to clear the picture tube of obstructions can result in sudden loss of vacuum.

Terry Yager
August 27th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Attempting to remove the cover on a Model III is a major undertaking. Unless it's absolutely necessary, removing the case is NOT recommended. All that is required to open the case is removing all the phillips screws. Failure to clear the picture tube of obstructions can result in sudden loss of vacuum.

...And, permanent damage to the CRT, etc.!...

If unable to bring it up gradually with a variac, next best is to plug it in and try it for functionality. It it works, fine, if not, you'll get a pretty light show when it blows...

--T

Computer Collector
August 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM
just turn it on, dude.

The video display is attached to the top cover.

BTW, you should call it a TRS.