PDA

View Full Version : Apple Extended ii Keyboard (Was: Found something at a garage sale.

Mac collector
April 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I found a NIB Apple Extended ii Keyboard new in box for 50 cents! Can anyone tell me which apple it originally came with?

hmbrew
April 17th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Just do a quick web search: "apple extended II keyboard" and look at Wikipedia. You'll find plenty of info.

Mac collector
April 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hm it says it came with the Apple Professional Desktop. Never heard about that one. Will have to research it. Anyone Have a pic?

wthorbjo
April 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Most Macs in the 68k era actually didn't come with a keyboard at all! The computer came with a mouse, and the buyer would purchase one of the different keyboard models to go with it. The Extended Keyboard was originally intended for use with A/UX, Apple's Unix, which runs on most 68030-based MAcs (as well as a few others), but was popular with "normal" Mac users as well.

Mac collector
April 26th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Cool! I didn't know that! It is cool to think that before you didn't even get a keyboard when you bought a new Mac, Now when you buy a computer you always get a keyboard. (even tho they are probably no where near the quality of the old ones you had to buy.)