PDA

View Full Version : IBM PS/1 Disney game

mervyn
April 25th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hi.
Can you tell me anything about an IBM PS/1 game called "The Disney Software Collection II. I was given this game but dont know anything about it. I can't find anything about it on the net. The box is still sealed in its original packaging. It says "5 Magic titles for the IBM PS/1". Beauty and the beast, Mickey's Jigsaw puzzles, Mickey's Memory Challenge, Stunt Island, Coaster.
Can you tell me the age of this game?, can it be used on other computers ? Is it collectable ?
Thank you

Raven
April 25th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Ahhhh that. I had that when I was a child. It's a set of games that Disney released that work with the Disney sound source (external parallel port sound card - I have one). It's from *around* 1991, but the box should have an exact year somewhere. It can be used on any computer you want, it was likely just packaged with a PS/1. It is not very collectable AFAIK, but all old DOS games CAN sell for a bit considering you get someone nostalgic for them. These are intended for small children though (at least the ones in the pack that I'm familiar with), so I doubt that they would sell for too much, as they aren't too valuable for nostalgic play (I played these as a child, and don't really have a burning desire to play them more :P).

However, the fact that they're marked for the IBM PS/1 in and of itself can make it valuable to some collectors, and the fact that it's in the original wrapping.

BTW: The reason you can't find anything about the game is that it's not a "game" - it's a pack of several games. Try searching the individual titles.

mervyn
April 25th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Thank you Raven for your speedy and indepth response. I hav done as you suggested and looked up the games seperately and found them