PDA

View Full Version : I'll be away for a while

Kaptain Skitzo
September 5th, 2005, 04:22 AM
My fiance' and I are going on a trip to Germany this coming weekend. We leave saturday and have a ~4hour layover at Heathrow Airport in the UK. From there, we are off to Munich. We'll be gone for 3 weeks(we return on Oct. 1). We are planning on seeing a few castles, and hitting the Oktoberfest, with maybe a side trip to Amsterdam and the Chech Republic. We'll be staying with her mother for 2 weeks in Munich, then head down to her brothers town of Zandt for the last week. I probably won't be able to hit the forums, with so much on our "to see" list, so I hope everyone stays safe, and keeps collecting.
To stay somewhat on topic to this forum, though...are there any (semi)rare items I should be on the lookout for while I'm over there? I know I wouldn't be able to power them up when I get back, but it would be neat as hell to say "I have a vintage European (whatever) in my collection."

Jorg
September 5th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Munich is home of Europe's most active vintage computer scene- so thats good!

The vintage computer festival is in Munich, but in May.

Nice starting point:

http://www.gaby.de/ehome.htm

http://www.hnf.de/museum/index_en.html

http://www.computermuseum-muenchen.de/index.html
I think you'll get away with German language ;)

Kaptain Skitzo
September 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
WOW! Thank you Jorg!! I think you've just added another stop for us! :D

carlsson
September 5th, 2005, 01:12 PM
You may even get some power transformer and video adapter if required, so you could run most stuff you find over here. I don't know what those things cost though.

Terry Yager
September 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Pick me up a Cambridge Z88, if you can, preferably a qwerty one. They go for just a few euros (or quid) over there, but the prices for one on this side of the water are just downright st00pit.

--T

Rose9994You
September 9th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Wish you Happy trip to Germany

mryon
September 9th, 2005, 07:53 AM
if you run into any 2600 clones, grab one ;)

Mad-Mike
September 11th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Good Luck

Looks like a lot of people are moving as of late...I just drove 3000 miles to Seattle. I've only been here 2 days and I'm starting to like it a lot.

Terry Yager
September 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Good Luck

Looks like a lot of people are moving as of late...I just drove 3000 miles to Seattle. I've only been here 2 days and I'm starting to like it a lot.

Seattle has always been one of my favorite towns. (A (female) friend of mine has even given me pointers on how to pick-up dashing young sea capitans there, but I wasn't too interested...). The waterfront is one of my least-favorite parts of Seattile (it's the smell). What does a Puget Sound like, anyways?

--T

Mad-Mike
September 12th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Seattle has always been one of my favorite towns. (A (female) friend of mine has even given me pointers on how to pick-up dashing young sea capitans there, but I wasn't too interested...).

Lol. I would not be too interested either, but the female side of things here seems quite a lot more promising for a rocker/geek like me arouind here than it did down south.

The waterfront is one of my least-favorite parts of Seattile (it's the smell).

Never been towards the water-front since I'm more or less in the northwestern part of the place. I'm sure I'll smell it eventually.

What does a Puget Sound like, anyways?

I don't know, from the sound of the words it sounds like it smells disgusting, but on the other end of things from my experience, it's probably the smell of heaven? Who knows.