PDA

View Full Version : Silpheed

Raven
May 9th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I just rediscovered this game.. haven't played it since I was like 2 or 3 years old.. man.. the nostalgia!

floyd20183
May 9th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Silpheed is an awesome game. Music is much better on an MT-32 though but still hours of fun.

Maverick1978
May 9th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I have yet to have make a permanent home for my 486 and MT-32... love the game, but haven't had the pleasure of hearing it with full MIDI sound yet. Of course, I'm a huge fan of any of the classic Sierra games... :)

MV75
May 10th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Awesome game. Sierra did well in licensing it from Game Arts, and thexder and zeliard too which I also love.

So, anyone else actually finish Silpheed? I remember doing it on my first "PC" computer, 8mhz xt with EGA graphics. I was much better at playing computer games back then. :) I doubt I could do it today.

Raven
May 11th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah I just recently found out about Thexder which I plan to play soon.. I haven't heard of Zeliard - I shall look that up.

I finished it, or got close, when I was a kid, but I was like three years old so I don't really remember too clearly.

Maverick1978
May 12th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Zeliard is a dungeon hack n' slash from Game Arts. Quite good music, IMO, and the gameplay isn't shabby either. It's a platformer, and I find it quite fun with good graphics, even today. It's been a mainstay in my DOSBox since day 1.

Jibbajaba
May 20th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'll have to check it out and see if I can get it to work with MT-32 + Soundblaster emulation on my Ultrasound. Great game on Sega CD, though.

Chris