PDA

View Full Version : Weird old Apple computer - What is it?

bmathews
September 12th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Howdy,

I bought an Apple at a school garage sale 10 years ago. I assumed it was a kit built Apple ][. It is built in what looks like a large metal project box, white and blue. There is a 5 1/4" floppy drive on the front. I only have the box, no keyboard or monitor :cry: .

Is this really someone's kit Apple or is it something else?

- Brad

Erik
September 12th, 2005, 07:10 PM
If you can post some pictures that'll help a ton.

It sounds to me like a repackaged Apple ][, though. It's probably from some secure or industrial application where they wanted to use it as an "embedded" type system.

Erik

Terry Yager
September 12th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Any identifying markings, names, numbers, etc. would be helpful too. If you post pictures, don't forget to snap some of the inside/mainboard. I'm thinking that an Apple ][ board should have some ID markings screened onto it somewhere.

--T

bmathews
September 12th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Good idea on the photos and I just got a digital camera.

I will pull it out of storage within a couple of days and send along some photos.

Thanks,
Brad

carlsson
September 14th, 2005, 01:37 AM
It could be an Apple clone too? I remember some built in blue and white with separate monitor and keyboard.

animekenji
November 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Heaven forbid there should be an original Apple I motherboard inside there. I heard they were sold as a motherboard only and you had to find your own housing for it. If it is an original Apple I MB, you just hit the lottery.

USSEnterprise
January 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
That would be really cool, man. I didn't think the Apple I could support a FDD?

thefoolonthehill
January 5th, 2006, 02:59 PM
No, if it was an Apple 1, the school would not have sold it.

The Apple 1 did not support a floppy disk drive, unless someone figured out how and made a homebrew card.

Are you positive it's an Apple at all?