PDA

View Full Version : PCjr available in St. Louis this weekend, for you St. Louisans

Dave Farquhar
July 10th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I found a PCjr at an estate sale this morning. Brentwood/Ladue area. Unfortunately I just don't have the time and resources to mess with it right now. It has a second 360K floppy, and an aftermarket Keytronic 101 key keyboard. I also spotted the books for DOS 2.1 that originally came with it. No IBM monitor, but there was a Thomson monitor with what looked like a PCjr video plug on it.

They were asking $25, which sounds like a really good price for a nice PCjr, if you don't mind an aftermarket monitor and keyboard.

No pic of the computer on the website. It's upstairs, in one of the bedrooms on a table. The manuals and stuff are on a bookshelf on the other side of the room.

Here's the link to the info:
http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/120111.aspx

mbbrutman
July 10th, 2010, 09:44 AM
The Keytronic keyboard is a very desirable option for a PCjr. It might have problems with the keys though - they used the infamous foam with capacitive switches, and the foam deteriorates over time.

I have one already. Somebody looking for a Jr would do well to pay that just for the keyboard.