PDA

View Full Version : Tandon 100-3 Solder pads

k2x4b524[
August 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
And replacing the solder on them if all of it has been removed down to the trace.

Is that possible? can i re-solder the entire pad to replace one of the caps?

And also the 100-4 CAN work in a pc with help from driver.sys, i can't get drivparm to work in dos 3.2, keeps saying invalid command in config.sys...

Chuck(G)
August 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM
And replacing the solder on them if all of it has been removed down to the trace.

Is that possible? can i re-solder the entire pad to replace one of the caps?

And also the 100-4 CAN work in a pc with help from driver.sys, i can't get drivparm to work in dos 3.2, keeps saying invalid command in config.sys...

I'm not following your first question. Maybe you can explain what you mean a bit better.

There was an odd bug in CONFIG.SYS processing of DRIVPARM in PC-DOS 3.2. You had to suffix the DRIVPARM keyword with three Control-A characters before the argument/switch list. (hex 01; looks like a smiley face). Weird, but true. In other words,

DRIVPARM^A^A^A ....argument list...

Alternatively, if you don't mind eating a bit of memory, you can use DRIVER.SYS, but it'll give you a different drive letter.

k2x4b524[
August 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
ahh, thanks for the info. And my first question, 2 pads on the servo control board had rusted away, due to a busted cap, and are bare down to the trace, i wan to know if i can re-solder them entirely, or do i have to find a way to bridge the pads?

Chuck(G)
August 4th, 2010, 05:24 PM
ahh, thanks for the info. And my first question, 2 pads on the servo control board had rusted away, due to a busted cap, and are bare down to the trace, i wan to know if i can re-solder them entirely, or do i have to find a way to bridge the pads?

Hard to say without seeing the damage. You can always bridge broken traces with a bit of fine (e.g. 30 AWG) wire.

k2x4b524[
August 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
i have some jumper bridges and i know which trace goes where so bridging isn't that hard to do