PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Graphics Program stopped working

TanruNomad
August 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
First off, I have a compaq portable I. I have HG installed on one of my hard drives, (great program by the way) I copied it onto floppy disks (6 in total) and put the files on another HDD I have and the program works great there as well now.

Now for some reason the program wont run on my original HDD anymore. Im not sure if me copying the files caused the issue or me changing some of the dos files did, but how would you recommend me getting the program to work on the original HDD?

I tried copying back all the filies I had copied and putting them on that first HDD again...no workie. The program launches, but it errors out shortly after saying it can't locate the program on the network

Agent Orange
August 5th, 2010, 10:32 AM
TanruNomand:

Possibility exists that you may need to run "SETUP" or "INSTALL" from your floppy's, as opposed to simply coping the files to a different directory. What is your OS?. If you Google HC you can find it just about anywhere.

TanruNomad
August 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
TanruNomand:

Possibility exists that you may need to run "SETUP" or "INSTALL" from your floppy's, as opposed to simply coping the files to a different directory. What is your OS?. If you Google HC you can find it just about anywhere.

OS is Dos 3.31 on the original HDD and Dos 3.1 on the 2nd one (the one I copied HG to). When you say google HC, do you mean HG? You mean I can find the program anywhere? I ebay-ed it and it runs like $100, I already have the program, but not the install or setup file for it.

Agent Orange
August 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
That was a typo - meant HG. I don't know that you can find it for free, but it is available. http://www.harvardgraphics.com/
You are going to need the setup for the program. Question: Are the HG disks that you have just directory backups?