PDA

View Full Version : Mac Color Classic Apple IIe PDS card?

Chromedome45
December 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I recently bought a Mac color classic and was told it has an Apple IIe PDS card in it. My understanding is that with this card in place I can run Apple II software. Is this true? Also what do you do with the connector on the back of the PDS card? Doesn't look like a floppy drive connector. Please advise. :confused:

Unknown_K
December 11th, 2010, 03:56 PM
The connector is for a cable that has connections for an apple 2 floppy (5.25") and a joystick.

Chromedome45
December 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

glitch
December 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I've found that the cable for the Apple IIe PDS card is usually harder to find/more expensive than the card itself. Mouser carries a connector that I'm pretty sure mates to the one on the back of the IIe card, so I'm going to put one in my next order (forgot on the most recent order!) and see if I can't make a floppy cable myself.

Chromedome45
December 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Hey Glitch check here: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=apple+590-0703-a&_sacat=See-All-Categories

EddieDX4
February 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
About 10 years ago (holy crap...time flies), I came across an eBay auction for a brand new, in sealed box, Apple IIe PDS card. I bought it because, at the time, I was fiddling with an LCIII. After messing with it for a while, got bored, put it back in the box and a few years ago decided to check to see if it worked with the CC... It is weird seeing the ] prompt on the little CC screen, I'll tell you that much!

Anyway, it's been paired up with my CC ever since. I have the cable, what I lack is an actual disk drive.

In case you manage to find a cable for it, if you need disk images of the software, let me know. I have those as well. You'll need the software to switch into the Apple IIe environment.