PDA

View Full Version : Cromix - link to some good stuff

FloppySoftware
January 10th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Hi all!

I had find a link to Cromemco stuff:

http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/cromemco/index.html

They have Cromix (Unix like for Cromemco Z80 & 68000 cpus).

There are more interesting things too.

MikeS
January 10th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, that's Marcus' site; he visits here occasionally. Lots of other stuff by the way, not just Cromemco.

Have you got a Cromemco and are you using Cromix?

Chuck(G)
January 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Are there any mirrors of Marcus' site or has anyone ever offered to mirror his site? There is a lot of good stuff there that would be a shame to lose--and an improved connection would be welcome (it appears that Marcus is hosting from a home system with low bandwidth).

MikeS
January 10th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Are there any mirrors of Marcus' site or has anyone ever offered to mirror his site? There is a lot of good stuff there that would be a shame to lose--and an improved connection would be welcome (it appears that Marcus is hosting from a home system with low bandwidth).You're right; it would be a shame and it could indeed be faster as well. I don't think there are any mirrors, but I can ask (and suggest). Maybe he'll even read this thread.

FloppySoftware
January 11th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Have you got a Cromemco and are you using Cromix?

No, I have an Amstrad PCW 8256 with CP/M 3, but I want to see an "Unix" OS running on it (or in a Z80 emulator under DOS).

UZI seems to be interesting too.

MikeS
January 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
There have been efforts to run Cromix on an emulator (simh) but unsuccessful so far AFAIK.

glitch
January 12th, 2011, 07:23 AM
You're right; it would be a shame and it could indeed be faster as well. I don't think there are any mirrors, but I can ask (and suggest). Maybe he'll even read this thread.

I'd be willing to mirror him at glitchwrks.com -- I have 250 GB of webspace for $9.95/month, and am using at most a few hundred MBs for images.

FloppySoftware
January 13th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I'd be willing to mirror him at glitchwrks.com -- I have 250 GB of webspace for $9.95/month, and am using at most a few hundred MBs for images.

Thank you very much!

glitch
January 13th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Mike, if you're going to suggest mirroring anyway, let him know I'd be more than happy to pay postage on a few CDs/DVDs and get the data all at once by mail.

MikeS
January 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Mike, if you're going to suggest mirroring anyway, let him know I'd be more than happy to pay postage on a few CDs/DVDs and get the data all at once by mail.He's a member here, so I sent him an email telling him about this discussion and inviting him to check in and let us know what he thinks.