PDA

View Full Version : mind if i port Euphoric to the GP2X?

torpor
January 12th, 2006, 12:56 PM
<spam deleted>

carlsson
January 12th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I doubt the author of Euphoric is featured on this forum. You may try the Defence Force (http://forum.defence-force.org/) forum instead, or contact him by e-mail.

torpor
January 16th, 2006, 10:19 AM
ermm .. "spam" ..

so, "The Vintage Computer" kills its lurkers, eh?

[bookmark deleted]

Vlad
January 16th, 2006, 11:08 AM
ermm .. "spam" ..

so, "The Vintage Computer" kills its lurkers, eh?

[bookmark deleted]

No, we havent killed any one. (Yet) We just Eat the SPAM. (Spam is high in sodium though So drink lots of water.) And who ever created that program probably doesint come here, so the question was off topic.

torpor
January 16th, 2006, 01:03 PM
so .. the Oric isn't a vintage-enough computer, then?

i mean, what you're saying to me is: "nobody here is interested in you, so we censored your post".

i really am here to discuss emulation of vintage hardware, particularly on new-generation platforms which are cheap and ubiquitous, like the GP2X is .. is is not, in any condition whatsoever, SPAM. its an honest request for discussion on an interesting subject; i have not "SPAM"-ed anyone by asking if there was interest in the emulation scene on GP2X, and whether it would be worth effort for me to prove emulation of vintage hardware in the form of a quick, and dirty, Oric-1 emulator port.

the only reason i'm all about the Oric-1, is because its a vintage 8-bit machine from my past for which i have found memories and much reverences; the same is true, currently, of my GP2X collection.

as far as this censorship is concerned, it is duly noted. but do not use words such as SPAM if you cannot prove it; and in fact, nowhere but here have i even begun to discuss this issue; i am not advertising anything; i am not trying to sell anything; thus, it is not SPAM.

Vlad
January 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I didn't censor anything. I just cracked a joke about eating spam. Sorry if I offended you. I don't moderate this particular section, I only moderate the part of the Market Place and the Midwest sections.....

-Vlad

Terry Yager
January 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
If I misunderstood your post, then I appologize, but I got the impression that you were trading in bootleg software for a less-than-vintage system. If you'd like to post again, a little more clearly, I promise to read it a little more carefully.

--T

torpor
January 16th, 2006, 01:14 PM
trading in bootleg software? ermm .. i wanted to port euphoric to the GP2X handheld console, which is designed to be a portable, easy-to-target, platform for emulation and legacy systems ..

i was not trading in anything but enthusiasm for getting the ORIC-1 on my pocket, in the GP2X ..

Terry Yager
January 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I think mebbe what we need to do is to petition the pageowner to set up a forum dedicated to emulators/emulation of vintage hardware.

Whatd'ya say, Erik, is this doable?

--T

carlsson
January 16th, 2006, 02:01 PM
A bit over enthusiastic moderators in this case, I'd say. Not quite off-topic, but as I wrote, the likelyhood that the persons really interested in the question would read it was slim. In the mean time however, it can be noted that the message has not been repeated on the other forum I gave a link to.

NathanAllan
January 16th, 2006, 08:27 PM
The whole time I saw this thread I thought you meant this. :) Only 8 Pounds!
http://www.sleekideas.com/oreck-vacuum-cleaner.php

Terry Yager
January 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
The whole time I saw this thread I thought you meant this. :) Only 8 Pounds!
http://www.sleekideas.com/oreck-vacuum-cleaner.php

Now that would be some trick if you could get your vintage computer to emulate a vacum cleaner.

--T

Vlad
January 17th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I suppose if you got enough high output fans in all pointed in the same direction, you could create some suction....

carlsson
January 18th, 2006, 02:36 AM
But the OP (which unfortunately was filtered) was talking about a handheld game device to emulate an old computer. I doubt the handheld GamePark has strong fans enough to emulate a vacuum cleaner, not even a handheld vacuum.