PDA

View Full Version : VT102 Style Terminals and RL02 (for $) available in CT

willyk
March 30th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Hi Group:
I haven't been very active in the last couple years but will try to be better.
I'm the person who posted the two PDP11 systems on Ebay the other week. Still have some odds and ends around. See old image:
http://www.willsworks.net/forsale/VT100s.jpg
The RX0? drive is gone, but I have the tapes and most of the terminals.
I also have at 2 CTI terminals like the one shown in the old Ebay add:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220755783153&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT
These CTI terminals are VT10x clones that support the DEC escape sequences.
All the terminals are old, some have missing keys and or keys the don't seem to make contact in keyboard. A friend is trying to repair two of the VT102 control boards for me, but a couple of them are operational now (1 vt101, 2 vt102) and I may have two more in a few weeks. These two are currently only good for parts as missing controller board. I'd let them go for little to no money, but won't ship unless you want to arrange it (ie have ups do the boxing).

I also have two RL02 drives that I will part with. One worked last month when I had a PDP11 to test it with, the other didn't. It appears to be complete but is for parts. I do not have any more cables or controllers. Make me an offer I can't refuse, if you were paying attention you know what I sold the complete systems for, but you have to pickup in Darien, CT

While doing inventory I came across and unopened box my father had ordered that appears to contain to two refurbished control boards for an LA120 printer he used to have. Anyone want these?

Dad also periodically thought he had problems with the control boards that are in the RL02 drive enclosure. He had a collection of these refurbished controllers and periodically swapped them out. I have at least six old controllers he had replaced, condition unknown. If anyone could use them they are also available.

No urgency about this, I will be out of town for a month or more but if interested get in touch.
Note it all must go sometime this summer, the house they live in is being sold.

GilesGoat
March 31st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hi Group:
I haven't been very active in the last couple years but will try to be better.
I'm the person who posted the two PDP11 systems on Ebay the other week. Still have some odds and ends around. See old image:
http://www.willsworks.net/forsale/VT100s.jpg
The RX0? drive is gone, but I have the tapes and most of the terminals.
I also have at 2 CTI terminals like the one shown in the old Ebay add:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220755783153&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT
These CTI terminals are VT10x clones that support the DEC escape sequences.
All the terminals are old, some have missing keys and or keys the don't seem to make contact in keyboard. A friend is trying to repair two of the VT102 control boards for me, but a couple of them are operational now (1 vt101, 2 vt102) and I may have two more in a few weeks. These two are currently only good for parts as missing controller board. I'd let them go for little to no money, but won't ship unless you want to arrange it (ie have ups do the boxing).

I also have two RL02 drives that I will part with. One worked last month when I had a PDP11 to test it with, the other didn't. It appears to be complete but is for parts. I do not have any more cables or controllers. Make me an offer I can't refuse, if you were paying attention you know what I sold the complete systems for, but you have to pickup in Darien, CT

While doing inventory I came across and unopened box my father had ordered that appears to contain to two refurbished control boards for an LA120 printer he used to have. Anyone want these?

Dad also periodically thought he had problems with the control boards that are in the RL02 drive enclosure. He had a collection of these refurbished controllers and periodically swapped them out. I have at least six old controllers he had replaced, condition unknown. If anyone could use them they are also available.

No urgency about this, I will be out of town for a month or more but if interested get in touch.
Note it all must go sometime this summer, the house they live in is being sold.

Pity you live on the other side of the ocean, I suppose postage to UK of such an item would be prohibitive :|

It's years I am tracking down a working VT 100 never managed to find one in Europe yet .. it makes me cry every time I think my old university had quite some and they destroyed them all as far as I know :mad:

Moonferret
April 4th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Pity you live on the other side of the ocean, I suppose postage to UK of such an item would be prohibitive :|

It's years I am tracking down a working VT 100 never managed to find one in Europe yet .. it makes me cry every time I think my old university had quite some and they destroyed them all as far as I know :mad:

Hmm, I *Might* be tempted to part with my VT100 (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?21841-Retr0Bright-DEC-VT-100&highlight=retrobright+vt100). Was planning on using it with my homebuilt Z80 system but I've been too busy with work recently :(