PDA

View Full Version : Server be back

Vlad
January 16th, 2006, 03:32 PM
For real this time. I fixed the hard drive with a format method I can't quite explane with words yet.
Enjoy. Its at the new URL

http://srvr426.sytes.net/

Ok were back in business. I even redesigned part of the site. The Forum is still down but it will be there eventually. I'm also taking requests/suggestions for the VCF downloads section if anyone has any ideas.

-Vlad

P.S. I fixed the site so the small frame isin't at the bottom advertising the redirector service anymore. I changed from a port 80 redirect to a DNS service. (all free)

NathanAllan
January 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
The firewall is a great download to have! Is it NOT the trial version? Is it a memory hog??

Vlad
January 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
14,196k on the Server. Not too bad concidering Mozilla is 19,000k

Oh yeah, no its the full version. It will not expire, and should try to update it self.....

Vlad
January 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Check out the news on the site for info on an upcoming project that may be of intrest to some of you. Also Terry, could you remove ONE of the double posts? Thanks.

-Vlad

The Server log file shows some people bookmarked my site, so I installed a favicon. The little icon next to the URL in the address bar. It will change every once in a while.......

Vlad
January 27th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I updated some things, 2 upgrades and 7 stop errors later we're back online!

-V

Vlad
January 31st, 2006, 02:21 PM
I am going to do some upgrades, and upgrade to a Domain Controller, so I'll be down for a while....

Ok, we're back online. Scatch the Domain Controller. The other hard drive is being used for backups and memory pageing. I did trade my Sun Microsystems keyboard for a IBM model M. :) I love this keyboard! Its big, clickity, loud, and oh so kewl!!

-V

P.S.

No STOP errors this time.....

Vlad
February 2nd, 2006, 05:31 AM
The server is down because my ENTIRE ISP has gone down. (!!!!)

Apparently the backbone has been taken offline for some reason. I will post as soon as it back online.

Provider problems, sound familiar?

-V

P.S
I'm useing a different network that has an OC3 connection.
MegaDownload Time!!!!!!

(OC means Optical Carrier. OC level 3 runs at 155.52 Mbps.) w00t

Terry Yager
February 2nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
Several years ago, while I was still on MichNet, someone was digging in Fort Wayne, Indiana, when thier backhoe took out a fiber bundle. The whole state of Michigan was off-line for two days. (This was in the early ninties, when ISPs were scarce, so almost everyone in the state was connected thru MichNet).

--T

Vlad
February 2nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
I'm back online, but with possible intermitted outages.
My Provider is making Major upgrades to the Infrastructure and backbone so they were probably upgrading ATM switches and such. Right now were at 1.1 Mbps eventually (if their not making it up) it will go to 8 Mbps.

(ATM = Asynchronous Transfer Mode)

-V

<EDIT>
It appears that it was plain stupidity on my ISP's part.....

Vlad
February 2nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
Sorry, I was down for a while because the secondary Hard Drive blew an actuator. (The thing that moves the Read/Write heads)

-V