PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a BA23/BA123

johnperrin
April 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to piece together an 11/53, pretty much starting from scratch. First on the list is a BA23 or BA123 chassis with power supply & backplane. Seems to be hard to find without going to the part$ dealers. Any leads out there? I'm in Canada if it matters ...

thanks much
John Perrin

RSX11M+
April 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to piece together an 11/53, pretty much starting from scratch. First on the list is a BA23 or BA123 chassis with power supply & backplane. Seems to be hard to find without going to the part$ dealers. Any leads out there? I'm in Canada if it matters ...

thanks much
John Perrin

Hi John...

I missed getting BA123s when they were a dime a dozen. Now they're very hard to locate, but not impossible. Don't shop for a PDP-11 in one... look for a MicroVAX I or II. You'll be able to buy a whole system, and strip the CPU and memory out to re-sell and recover some or all of your costs.

A couple 11/53s went on Craig's list recently, and they were probably in BA23s - but it's getting to be a rare occurrence. [These ended up in Chicago]

Keep me in mind if you have any spare modules to sell... I'm looking for a couple items... BCI cards from the Logical Company (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?23959-Looking-for-a-BCI-2104-QBUS-bridge&highlight=) and a DEQNA

Crawford
April 28th, 2011, 05:54 PM
John,

I'm in the same boat - PDP-11/53+ with no enclosure. I'm trolling the eastern US. I'll let you know if I find one.

-Crawford