PDA

View Full Version : Old Apple Mac 128/512K manuals

Lorne
April 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I scanned my the manuals that came with my Apple Macintosh 512K, before I got rid of the thing (I hate Apple crap).

I scanned the following:
- Macintosh (a userís guide) 165 pages - dated 1984
- Macintosh MacPaint 32 pages - dated 1983
- Macintosh MacWrite 145 pages - dated 1985

Having had an Ebay auction deleted because I was listing a 1984 Mac 512K with copies of disks and color copies of the manuals, which is a violation of Ebay policies (ie: listing copyrighted material), I wouldn't dream of offering copyrighted material on this site.

I'm just saying.........I've scanned them to PDFs, so if someone who has a 128K or 512K Mac doesn't have the manuals and needs them, that's too bad, especially seeing as I have them in an electronically transmittable (like PM mesage type) format.

They're pretty good scans too, and I couldn't find them anywhere on the web.

Druid6900
April 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Well, Lorne, that's very upstanding of you to uphold the Law of the Land and refuse to let just anyone who PM'd you have a copy of these, obviously, current and valuable to the manufacturer documents.

You are a man of fine character and they were right to disallow your selling of copyright material (since you aren't a Power Seller and bringing them in tons of cash).

Well done.

Lorne
April 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Well, Lorne, that's very upstanding of you to uphold the Law of the Land and refuse to let just anyone who PM'd you have a copy of these, obviously, current and valuable to the manufacturer documents.

You are a man of fine character and they were right to disallow your selling of copyright material (since you aren't a Power Seller and bringing them in tons of cash).

Well done.

Yeah, it's funny.
For the thick (as two short plank) ones: nobody's PM'd me about them yet.

Lorne
April 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Actually, I think a moderator should make a post in this thread about how we shouldnt post about copyrighted material, and then lock/close the thread. (might help to stop any potential future no-no's from happening)

Whoever needs to, will (hopefully) figure it out later.

DOS lives on!!
July 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
So you're announcing to everyone that you have the scanned manuals, but you are not going to do anything with them. Kind of pointless.

I do agree that we need an article about what's OK to put on the site and what's illegal.

cfmiles
January 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Lorne,

Do you still have those old mac manuals (User Guides)? I am in need!

DOS lives on!!
January 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Lorne,

Do you still have those old mac manuals (User Guides)? I am in need!
Read the first post, fourth paragraph down.

cfmiles
January 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Lorne,

I thought you were "joshing" about not sharing or loaning.
Sorry to have bothered you.
cfmiles.

Lorne
January 6th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Lorne,

I thought you were "joshing" about not sharing or loaning.
Sorry to have bothered you.
cfmiles.

Come on folks - some of you don't know how to read between the lines.
(Numerous others have read between the lines just fine).

I don't log on to the VCF every day, so it's easy to miss a post, and no one is going to get an answer when I don't see the post.
So, maybe sending me a PM might be the best way to ask a question, and then get an answer about the availability of the documents. ;)
(geezze, when I started the thread, I never thought it would be this tough to figure out).

Maverick1978
January 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
You can download the manuals from here. (http://classiccomputers.info/manuals.html)

Thanks go to Lorne for doing all the hard work.