PDA

View Full Version : Googleized!

Vlad
January 30th, 2006, 05:46 AM
The GoogleBot has indexed me into Google! If you search for srvr426 you get my site as the first hit, then my profile here at the forum, and a post that has its url.

Kewl!

-V

MSN Bot did the same. Except MSN bot did it like 7 times.(?) GoogleBot only came twice, once to see me, once to do the Indexing.

Google and MSN are the only 2 search engines that have my site listed. Yahoo never stopped by. Both GoogleBot and MSN Bot showed up and just indexed. I didn't request it or anything.

Erik
January 30th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Spiders are a cool thing.

My site is in all of the major (and most of the minor) indexes. A link posted here (or on the site proper) should get picked up fairly quickly.

Links back are always appreciated! :D

E

Vlad
January 30th, 2006, 06:06 AM
There was a link to the VCF and your site, but when the switch to frames came for some reason it didn't work. I have been working on that though. The link will make a comeback. I just need to learn a little more on Frames.....

-V

Vlad
January 30th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Come to think of it, I almost got a spider once to index special things I was looking for. (In a huge database) I turned out to be another dropped project. Maybe a spider could be setup to index only the VCF. Maybe a little better than the current search box? I look into that....

-V

Vlad
January 30th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Ok I fixed the goofy link bug. All outbound links open in new windows. An the VCF link is back!

-V

Terry Yager
January 30th, 2006, 05:57 PM
SVR-whatever ain't good enough for my feeble mind. I search on "vlad" and it still finds ya...

--T

Vlad
January 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM
SRVR is just short habd for server. (SeRVeR) I didn't know you could get thesite from Vlad though...

-V

Terry Yager
January 30th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Ok, I tried it again, and it didn't find ya. Dunno what I searched on before...).

--T