PDA

View Full Version : Strange

Vlad
February 9th, 2006, 09:55 AM
All of the sudden I'm getting e-mails from Dell and Radio Sack. I never requested them, they just started showing up. Anyone else getting this?

-V

Terry Yager
February 9th, 2006, 10:05 AM
No, but then, I never req-ed any of the other spam I get either. Judjing from what I recieve on a daily basis, somebody, somewhere thinks I'm an impotent, sex-starved swinger, who plays the stock market, pays too much for prescription drugs, and needs to re-finance my home to support my gambling habit. How da hell did I end up on all those mailing lists?

--T

Vlad
February 9th, 2006, 10:08 AM
LOL

I know about the RS one now. I asked coporate Radio Shack a question that nothing to do with their stores, and thats how they answered. They put me on the mailn' list. Good Job RS no wonder no shops there!

As for Dell they just signed me up for some reason.....

-V

Terry Yager
February 9th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I dunno, every time I try to buy anything at daShack, they always have to know my name, rank, serial #, shoe size, etc before thier st00pit system will even ring-up the lousy $2.00 sale. (I get the same treatment at AutoZone, but at least there's a good reason for that. They actually give a $20.00 discount for every $100.00 I spend there).

--T

Vlad
February 9th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I never did care for RS. I went to get a 6 foot S-Video cable, RS wanted $20!!! I went ACROSS THE STREET to Walmart and got the same thing for $12.

Way to go Radio Shack.......

-V

Terry Yager
February 9th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Stopped by there a couple days ago to pick up an M-jack, and mebbe some batteries. They wanted $10.75 for four AAA NiCads. I went about 3 blocks down the street and picked up the same batteries from Harbor Freight Tools, for $4.99. No thanx, Shack!

--T

Vlad
February 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I went about 3 blocks down the street and picked up the same batteries from Harbor Freight Tools, for $4.99.
--T

Wow I haven't been there in ages. I need to go check out the deals......

-V

CP/M User
February 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
"vlad" wrote:

> I never did care for RS. I went to get a 6 foot S-Video cable, RS
> wanted $20!!! I went ACROSS THE STREET to Walmart and got the
> same thing for $12.

> Way to go Radio Shack.......

That's funny, I thought Radio Shack went bust? The last time I was in a
Tandy (which was some time ago) - they'd stopped stocking Radio Shack
stuff & were getting stuff from their rivals - Dick Smith Electronics (Digitor
& DSE products). But if their still going their still going - or has something
brought them out & keeping the name - just like Atari was taken over my
Inforgrammes (those cheating two-timmers).

CP/M User.

Terry Yager
February 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM
The RadioShack closest to me has undergone some serious changes since I was there last (Dec, 2005). They used to have four racks fulla lil' odds & ends & other electronic doo-dads, but now they're down to just one rack. To get the part I needed the other day, I had to drive to a whole 'nother store a few miles further away. Bad enough when thier service went to hell, now they're screwing us outta parts too. (I gotta admit tho, the guy I spoke to at least knew what an M-jack was, and he knew enough to know that they didn't have any, so he could direct me to the store that did, without me driving all over town).

--T

Vlad
February 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Thats what I asked corportate RS about. But they didn't answer me and just added me to the mailin' list. I got an answer from Tandy though....

Apparently through a series of events, the Tandy Corporation no longer owns Radio Shack. RS is their own enity now. Apparently RS was loseing more money than they brough in.........

-V

Micom 2000
February 10th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Up here in the cold white north, RS has sold all their stores and no longer exists in Canada.

Lawrence