PDA

View Full Version : Looking for neatemm.sys expanded memory driver

pianoman72
June 14th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Hello all!

Does anyone happen to have the expanded memory driver for the NEAT chipset, used in later 286 motherboards, called neatemm.sys? I have been struggling to even find the right name for this driver, for about a year, and I just came unto that recently by accident, while searching for something different.

I have searched extensively for any downloads, and found out that it might come as a zip file as well, called neatemm.zip, and other accompanying drivers/documents, called neatset.zip. However, no link to any downloads that I have found.

I am hoping that this would work with the EMS/shadow ram scheme which is used in the BIOS of my 286@20mhz motherboard.

Thanks, and I appreciate your help.

glitch
June 14th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Courtesy Jason Scott's textfiles.com:

http://cd.textfiles.com/swexplorer/disk1/A031/

There are several other files related to the NEAT chipset in that folder too. Check out FILES.BBS for a description of archive contents.

pianoman72
June 14th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Wow, unbelievable find, glitch.
Thanks so much, and of course, thanks to the wonderful Jason Scott, who provided these extensive files.
I've got my work cut out with these files, and will test the memory manager, hopefully it will work with my motherboard.

This definitely made my day!

pianoman72
June 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Well, so far I've had no luck in getting the neatemm.sys memory manager to work with my motherboard. Perhaps I have a slightly different version or design of the C&T chipset, maybe with the Opti chipset. However, I read that the Neat and Opti chipsets are quite interchangeable, or extremely similar, with both using a variation of the P82C206 chip.

I will continue to tinker with it, using the different command-line parameters which were documented in the .doc file, but I am not expecting too much to happen.

Thanks again, glitch, for your wonderful link.

Chuck(G)
June 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
So what 286 motherboard do you really have?

pianoman72
June 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hi Chuck,

I have what appears to be called M-209 (printed on the MB). After looking it up on th99 site, I found a very close match, with the company name called Ilon USA, Inc., and matching my number. Although the site says that there are 3 variable speeds (12/16/20mhz), my motherboard has only 10/20mhz speeds.

Thanks for your input.