PDA

View Full Version : [WANTED] Macintosh II Original ROMs (with 97851DB6 checksum)

June 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Sorry for requesting them, but I know they're really rare.
I'm just trying to help the MESS team.

Regards,
Javier Donoso.

DOS lives on!!
June 26th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm glad you're trying to help the MESS, but PLEASE be patient!!! Nagging won't get you free help from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

Unknown_K
June 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
If he cared HE would hunt down the hardware and dump the ROMS himself, I am getting tired of these daily posts asking for the same thing over and over.

linuxlove
June 26th, 2011, 10:18 AM
If he cared HE would hunt down the hardware and dump the ROMS himself, I am getting tired of these daily posts asking for the same thing over and over.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

DOS lives on!!
June 26th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.
Do you really think 5247846 will get that through his head or will it just go through one ear and out the other.

linuxlove
June 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'm not nagging. Just waiting.

I personally consider bumping request threads multiple times a day saying "If anyone has this, please upload it" nagging.

June 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
@linuxlove
I'm still waiting, and I contributed something here (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?25799-(FOUND)-Apple-High-Resolution-Display-Video-Card-ROM-firmware).

RetroHacker_
June 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
@linuxlove
I'm still waiting, and I contributed something here (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?25799-(FOUND)-Apple-High-Resolution-Display-Video-Card-ROM-firmware).

You do realize that none of us would actually have use for that ROM image, right? If we have the hardware that would use it, than we'd also have the associated ROM. It's not like they go bad frequently or anything.

I'm all for preserving the ROM data from these things. Not only does it open up possibilities for emulation, but it does provide a fallback in the unlikely event that one actually fails and needs to be replaced. But constantly nagging (and yes, posting every day or two with "I'm still waiting" is most definitely nagging) doesn't do you or the cause any good.

If you want our help, then you have to be patient. While most of us are willing to go out of our way to help a fellow enthusiast, nobody likes to be pestered every day for help that we're under no obligation to give.

If you have a list of ROMs that you need, post them, or post a link to them - and if we find them, we'll let you know. But don't keep posting the same thing over and over. It's getting really old.

-Ian

Al Kossow
June 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Who on the MESS team are you talking to?

I would check with R. Belmont first if a ROM set is missing

July 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry for bumping, but the original Macintosh II ROMs have these part numbers: 341-0105-A, 341-0106-A, 341-0107-A and 341-0108-A.

Al Kossow
July 11th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Sorry for bumping, but the original Macintosh II ROMs have these part numbers: 341-0105-A, 341-0106-A, 341-0107-A and 341-0108-A.

These would be from an original board with soldered-in batteries and PAL Nubus controller
like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Macintosh_II_motherboard.jpg

We don't have one at CHM, anyone have one handy?

Al Kossow
July 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
These would be from an original board with soldered-in batteries and PAL Nubus controller
like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Macintosh_II_motherboard.jpg

We don't have one at CHM, anyone have one handy?

OK, I have verifed the MESS team has this ROM set.
Please stop asking, OK?

July 12th, 2011, 06:54 AM
The Macintosh II original ROMs are in RetroROMs.net.
Sorry if I didn't attach them here, but they are too large.

Arbee
July 12th, 2011, 07:08 AM
They're there because I finally added them. We've had the ROMs since last October, I simply chose not to support them because they are not in any way useful for the current emulation. They are (as advertised) incompatible with the RasterOps ColorBoard 264 I emulate as part of the Mac II/IIx/IIcx systems and therefore will generate only a black screen and the death chimes.

Here's a free clue: if a ROM set has an MD5 sum listed on the MESS wiki, the MESS team has it.

July 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM
They're there because I finally added them. We've had the ROMs since last October, I simply chose not to support them because they are not in any way useful for the current emulation. They are (as advertised) incompatible with the RasterOps ColorBoard 264 I emulate as part of the Mac II/IIx/IIcx systems and therefore will generate only a black screen and the death chimes.

Here's a free clue: if a ROM set has an MD5 sum listed on the MESS wiki, the MESS team has it.

Therefore, the Macintosh II Video Card ROMs should be dumped to solve the problem.

Arbee
July 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
They are dumped. I will not add them until I am presented with proof that you no longer have an Internet connection however.

RWallmow
July 14th, 2011, 06:36 AM
they are dumped. I will not add them until i am presented with proof that you no longer have an internet connection however.

+1 lol

DOS lives on!!
July 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
+1 lol
Wishful thinking.:)

August 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
I still didn't find the 820-0198 Apple Macintosh II Video Card ROM...

RWallmow
August 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM
I still didn't find the 820-0198 Apple Macintosh II Video Card ROM...
Well you appear to still have access to the internet, and Arbee said before he wont upload them until there's proof you no longer have internet access, so we seem to be at an impasse here.

DOS lives on!!
August 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Hmmmmm, what to to, what to do indeed.

August 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
They are dumped. I will not add them until I am presented with proof that you no longer have an Internet connection however.
You're extremely strict.

linuxlove
August 1st, 2011, 05:22 PM
You're extremely strict.
And you're very demanding.

RWallmow
August 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM
You're extremely strict.
You're extremely dense.

DOS lives on!!
August 2nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
And EXTREMElY (and unusually) ROM hungry.

August 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
And EXTREMElY (and unusually) ROM hungry.
It's because I'm really missing some ROMs in my collection.

DOS lives on!!
August 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
It's because I'm really missing some ROMs in my collection.
I thought that you were helping the MESS team before.

August 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I thought that you were helping the MESS team before.
You thought wrong.

stitch
August 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I'd like to note that this specific user in question (5247846) has a history of expecting kind people on the Internet (http://winboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=5651) to obtain/fix/assist with ridiculous requests. The user in question also has a habit of being infamously thick and arrogant when his requests are not met within 15 minutes.

I'd like to place a reward of one giant cookie to whoever manages to get his internet service disconnected :>

linuxlove
August 5th, 2011, 05:39 PM
You thought wrong.
I think you've gotten conked on the head recently, or you've just been lying to us about this whole MESS Team thing.

Topic Title: (WANTED) Macintosh II Video Card (part no. 820-0198 ) ROM
Please help me! I just want to help the MESS team with that ROM image!

Topic Title: WANTED: IBM Personal System/2 ROM BIOS images
I just want to submit them to the MESS team.

Topic Title: [WANTED] Macintosh II Original ROMs (with 97851DB6 checksum)
Sorry for requesting them, but I know they're really rare.
I'm just trying to help the MESS team.

Topic Title: (WANTED) IBM PCG ROM Images
Can you guys help me?
I really need the PGC CGA font emulation ROM to send it to the MESS team!

DOS lives on!!
August 6th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Welcome to the forums, Stitch.

We have been dealing with him for quite a while now. I think we're seeing the full picture now.

DOS lives on!!
August 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'd like to place a reward of one giant cookie to whoever manages to get his internet service disconnected :>
Who wants to fly down to Chile and see what ISP is down there.;-)

RetroHacker_
August 8th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Who wants to fly down to Chile and see what ISP is down there.;-)

It's not worth it. It's easier to ignore him. If you don't feed the trolls, eventually they go away. Or get banned.

-Ian

fs5500
May 13th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I think you've gotten conked on the head recently, or you've just been lying to us about this whole MESS Team thing.

5247846 acts on other site as "win95fan" on BA and MDL, "Javier Donoso" on MESS Message board.
They must be same person. (His real name may be Javier Donoso Caro "http://www.youtube.com/user/5247846" )
I think the best way is to ignore him.

RWallmow
May 15th, 2014, 07:26 AM
5247846 acts on other site as "win95fan" on BA and MDL, "Javier Donoso" on MESS Message board.
They must be same person. (His real name may be Javier Donoso Caro "http://www.youtube.com/user/5247846" )
I think the best way is to ignore him.

Is there a reason you are re-hashing a 3 year old thread, that has long since died, the user in question was banned from here ages ago!