PDA

View Full Version : May The Frost Be With You

Terry Yager
February 25th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Never thought I'd say it but, Thank daGhawds for ice & snow! I lost a fifty-dollar bill about three weeks ago. Well, I found it again today; embedded in a half-inch of ice in my own driveway, preserved like a fly in amber! Good thing it was freezing rain that night and not windy.

--T

Unknown_K
February 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Good thing it wasn't snow and got shredded in a snow blower.

Erik
February 25th, 2006, 08:36 PM
ROFL.

Grats on getting your money back, anyway. . . ;)

carlsson
February 26th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Cheers for the frozen assets!

vic user
February 26th, 2006, 06:01 AM
what a great story!

chris

mryon
February 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I keep telling people out here that cold is good.
No one believes me.

Micom 2000
February 27th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Fine for you to say in SUNNYVALE, Cal. You guy's town namers really know how to hurt your more northern neighbors.

Brrrr, 10 F high today, below 0 tonite. Outside a blinding white, white world.
Fixed a burst water pipe (inside) yesterday. Hope it holds. At least there's no mosquitos now. The alternative to cabin fever here is frostbite.

Lawrence

mryon
February 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I did grow up in Michigan... ;)

It wasn't Winterpeg but it was plenty cold....
We had some -35F days. ;)

Terry Yager
February 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Fine for you to say in SUNNYVALE, Cal. You guy's town namers really know how to hurt your more northern neighbors.

Brrrr, 10 F high today, below 0 tonite. Outside a blinding white, white world.
Fixed a burst water pipe (inside) yesterday. Hope it holds. At least there's no mosquitos now. The alternative to cabin fever here is frostbite.

Lawrence

Yah, we've had a little warming trend the past few days, which is why all the snow was gone enough to see the sheet-ice below it. A couple more days at these temps, and I'd have never found the missing fifty.

--T