PDA

View Full Version : MEMO - 576 Ram Card for PC/XT

bettablue
August 20th, 2011, 08:16 AM
This is the memory card I have for the IBM Mark ll rebuild project. Does anyone have a copy of the manual for this memory card, or at least where to get a PDF?

I took the 2 memory chips I thought were defective and had them tested. I just found out today that both chips are OK. I need to look at the memory board itself now to see if I have a dip switch set wrong or something. It's funny too that after reinserting the memory back onto the board, it reads all but 64K. No matter what I try, swapping out and rearranging the chips, or completely removing all of the chips and reinserting them using a picture of one as a guide, that's the best I can get out of it. It will show as little as 512K, or 576K That means there is probably still a bad chip somewhere, but it could also just as easily be a bad DIP setting.

If I can get the 5150 to read the entire 640 of RAM using this board, it will be ready to go, but I don't want to put it back into the PC until I get the memory figured out.

TIA.

RJBJR
August 20th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Forum member modem7 has a copy of the MEMO576 manual on his site, about half way down this page http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/manuals.htm

bettablue
August 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Sweet! Thanks much. You know, I always seem to forget searching these forums for stuff.

Maverick1978
August 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Sweet! Thanks much. You know, I always seem to forget searching these forums for stuff.

We've noticed ;) *grin*

I've found that using Google to search the forum is quite useful... and if I can't find it here, doing a broader search on Google usually yields what I'm looking for.