PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich II EPROM image

NeXT
August 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM
While investigating a lead on a ProFile drive that came in (someone found the enclosure but no internals other than the PSU and a SCSI disk drive) I found an Apple Sandwich II SCSI card. The only problem I can see with it is the 27C256 EEPROM (marked 341-0803) is missing. I can probably burn a new chip but I need an image of the EEPROM to work with. Has anyone ever imaged it before?

njroadfan
August 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
What you have there is an Apple II High Speed SCSI Card.... it will not work with a ProFile drive (which uses a special parallel interface). Don't try it, it may let out blue smoke, the ProFile is more valuable for folks running Lisas and Apple ///s. On the bright side, you can use any readily available SCSI drives with the card.

ROM Image here (http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Interface%20Cards/SCSI%20Controllers/Apple%20II%20High-Speed%20SCSI%20Card/ROM%20Images/)

NeXT
August 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I'm quite aware that the Sandwich II is not at all compatible with the Profile. I assume that someone gutted their Profile and made it a SCSI box when their widget drive packed it in and then replaced the Profile card with the Sandwich card.
Sad, but I guess that's one way to try and keep your system looking Apple II authentic.
To be technical, I went in looking for the rest of the Profile because my Lisa needs one to do pretty much anything.