PDA

View Full Version : Need driver for modem

jjzcp
March 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I recently reinstalled windows 98 on my Dell XPS T450, and there is no stock driver for my modem, so i need another one, hopefully off of the internet. It is a 56K 3Com, US Robotics modem, and i think it has faxing capabilities. I took it out of the computer, and the model is: 0637. Is there any where on the internet that i can find a driver for this modem?

NathanAllan
March 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I found it at driverguide. Came right up. I can email you the driver, PM me and I'll send it.

Terry Yager
March 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Ummmmn, just a wild guess but, how about www.3com.com?

--T

jjzcp
March 24th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the help, but fainly, at 1 am, it's working, and i am using it right now to post this message with. I did find the modem driver on driver guide, and had to do some other anoying work. This is one of the many, and i mean MANY things i hate about windows. For the last two years or so this Dell had been nothing but a big paper wait, but due to the fact that we had an imac. Because my imac was in the city getting a new power supply, i needed a computer to burn CD's with, so.... long story short i installed windows and there was no drivers for the modem, audio card, and video card(until i fixed it there was only 16 colors). Fixing this hunk of crap took about, let's see, three hours of my time finding and installing the stupid drivers. Oh, i guess i am starting to rant, arn't i?