PDA

View Full Version : Gamin Computer for sale! 7800 GTX Cheap!

cstuder87
April 5th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Hey all, Ive got a gaming computer that I just built six months ago. Im in a bind and need some extra cash, so here goes.

Specs

Case: Coolermaster Praetorian Black ALL Aluminium case

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert ATX AMD Motherboard

Video Card: BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz HT Socket 939 E6 Processor

RAM: OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Hard Drives: There are 3 hard drives. 2 of which are set up in raid 0.

1.) (1x) Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3200822AS 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

2.) (2x) Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Power Supply: ENERMAX Noisetaker II EG701AX VE(W) SFMA ATX12V Ver 2.2 600W Power Supply

(1x) PLEXTOR Black IDE 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model PX-740A/SW-BL

(1x) Lite-on Black DVD-ROM Drive

Floppy Drive: 1 White Floppy Drive

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4708/copyofimg0396small4or.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

$1400 obo gets it shipped. Hit me up with any offers. I would love to get this deal going before friday, and am open to almost any offers. The only thing that I WILL NOT DO IS PART IT OUT. I also am not interested in trades. Like I said before, this comp is in like new condition, and EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE NEW. Some of the parts still have warrenties on them. I payed $2000 for this 6 months ago, and bought almost everything off of newegg. I have the receipts to prove it.

Thanks
-Chris

Vlad
April 5th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Concider this your first Moderator Warning.

This is a Vintage Computer, thats about as unvintage as one could get.
Unless I'm told otherwise this post is not allowed and will be deleted shortly. There other places more apporate for this type of thing, Like http://www.tc-online.us/ or http://www.ebay.com/

Please do not post anything else that is not Vintage, which is generally 80486 and older.

-Vlad

VC Forum Moderator

Terry Yager
April 5th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I second the motion.

--T

Erik
April 5th, 2006, 09:01 AM
I moved the thread to general off topic.

If this is a one-time thing I'm probably okay with it. Hell, if you want to sell your old Ford Tempo and think a fellow VC user might be interested it could go in off-topic.

If this isn't really a used computer and is, instead, a front for a reseller or something like it then it goes away fast.

carlsson
April 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Considering the number of potential buyers is much smaller here than on traditional sales places, I don't get it why someone would join only to post an advertisment. The poster didn't even bother to specify which part of the world he lives in.

Sure, it is a computer forum, but it is like I would find a forum for antique Volkswagen cars and try to sell my somewhat recent Skoda there.

alexkerhead
April 5th, 2006, 03:06 PM
That CPU is very weak in comparison to everything else.

Terry Yager
April 5th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I moved the thread to general off topic.

If this is a one-time thing I'm probably okay with it. Hell, if you want to sell your old Ford Tempo and think a fellow VC user might be interested it could go in off-topic.

If this isn't really a used computer and is, instead, a front for a reseller or something like it then it goes away fast.

That's why (I'm glad I don't swing the big stick here. My knee-jerk to questionable posts is usually to kill 'em all & let ghawd sort 'em out.

--T

USSEnterprise
April 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
That CPU is very weak in comparison to everything else.
I was thinking the same

alexkerhead
April 6th, 2006, 03:31 AM
I was thinking the same
lol, even my four year old cpu seems a bit faster. my 3.06GHz @3.45GHz P4..
It still boggles me why someone just signs up to try and bum new stuff off on a vintage computer forum. If he had a lot of original trs-80s for a few bucks each, we might be on em like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. But of all things, a overpriced gaming pc..lol...yes, that is way to much for that stuff, it is worth about $775 used...to someone who cares.

Vlad
April 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Keep in mind that that IS a 64-bit processor. It acts differently than Intel 32-bit processors. My Athlon 64 3400+ could outperform my 3.2GHz P4. I hated that Intel board and processor, It ran at 3.2 like it was suppose to, but it just sucked. I miss my 64-bit system.

-V

(I eventually gave away the Intel setup.....)