PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Carlsson

ziloo
April 8th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Happy Birthday Comrade Carlsson!!!!!!!! :D :o :p :biggrin: :lol:

Your posts are very informative, and you are always so
enthusiastic to answer others questions.

Best Wishes for many many more great years.

ziloo

carlsson
April 8th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Thanks. Here is a cake, have a slice:

http://www.anders.sfks.se/mat/2006/04-07/20060407-tarta.jpg

Jorg
April 8th, 2006, 07:09 AM
mmmm thanks! (burp)

grattis på födelsedagen!

Vlad
April 8th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Happy Birthday Carlsson!

-Vlad

Erik
April 8th, 2006, 07:33 AM
HBD Carlsson! :D

DimensionDude
April 8th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Happy Birthday carlsson!

You have an excellent handle on the English language, I've been wondering what the reason was for learning it. The vast majority of people in the USA don't bother with a second language and I'm sure that if they could be, they wouldn't be so good at it (spoken, anyway. Written would probably be worse).

Kent

NathanAllan
April 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Happy birthday!

carlsson
April 9th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes.

Kent, I find writing in a foreign language much easier than talking it. English as secondary language was introduced from 10 years old when I went to school - today I think they start the kids at 7 or 8. Many students take a third (French, German) and sometimes even fourth language (ditto plus Spanish, Italian, Russian, whatever the school can offer). Of course when you reach high school and college age, you can study all languages and get into classic greek and latin, but obviously that is not what I did.

Terry Yager
April 9th, 2006, 07:08 AM
If you speak three languages, you're tri-lingual, if you speak two languages, you're bi-lingual, and if you speak one language, you're American.

--T

Vlad
April 9th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Ain't that the truth.

I never could speak it, but I used to be able to write bits and peices of Russian. But that was it.

CP/M User
April 9th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Sorry I missed it. I've been slowly recoverning after having
day surgery at a hospital - hence my silence. I'm on the mend
now, which is good, but will take perhaps this week to fully
recover.

Sorry to break the news here & now! :-(

CP/M User.

P.S. Hope you had a good day for your B'day.

jjzcp
April 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
As do i !!

Terry Yager
April 9th, 2006, 08:29 PM
carlsson,

What can I say, belated or not? It is indeed rare for me to run across anyone smarter than myself, but when I do, it is a real treat. Hate to see ya grow a year older, but at least I'm confidant that you're a year wizer now. I love to learn from you. Keep on challenging my gray matter for another 365.25.

--T

carlsson
April 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Happy birthday, myself! One more year has passed. It feels like yesterday.

Terry Yager
April 7th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well, HBD again then! It has been a short year, hasn't it?

--T

bbcmicro
April 7th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I wasn't here last time, so Happy Birthday Carlsson!

Terry Yager
April 7th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Technically, it's still Saturday here, but still, better to be a day early than a year late...

--T

bbcmicro
April 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Not here, as of four minutes ago.

Happy Birthday Carlsson, for reasons of punctuality! :)

dongfeng
April 7th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Hey, I missed this one. Happy Birthday, Carlsson!

bbcmicro
April 7th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Y'know, I think staying up this late stunts my growth...
At least I was the first to congrat Carlsson on his birthday by Greenwich Mean Time!

Retromaster
April 7th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Happy birthday.

(respond please after this post, thankyou.)

.....that means now..... post now.....now.

Terry Yager
April 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Also, Happy Easter all around (assuming Christianity, of course, else, Happy Passover/Ramadan/Equinox/Full Moon/Whatever)...

--T

Erik
April 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Hehe. Aren't we supposed to start a new thread every year?

HBD Carlsson!

Druid6900
April 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Like The T said, Happy/Merry (fill in the blank with whatever you happen to be celebrating)

fred3rd
April 7th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Happy Birthday Carlsson. I remember that age quite fondly. Git-R-Done :D

carlsson
April 8th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Thank you, everyone. Since I'm at GMT+2, we get a new day earlier than most of you other (it is only 15 minutes to Monday, for example).

I spent my birthday by swapping tyres from winter to summer season. I noticed that on my Nokian tyres that I use in the summer time, it says "North America All Season" or something like that. I know that North America is a very large continent, ranging from southern states such as California, New Mexico and Florida up to Washington, Michigan and not to mention all of Canada that follows in the north.

It makes me wonder if it is the legislation that makes these tyres valid in (most part of) North America, but only good for seven months per year in Sweden. As late as the other day I read about a woman who had travelled to visit her family in Michigan, and they had -10 C and snow. Legislation or not, I would not have switched to summer tyres if we right now had that weather...

Terry Yager
April 8th, 2007, 02:25 PM
It makes me wonder if it is the legislation that makes these tyres valid in (most part of) North America, but only good for seven months per year in Sweden.

Yes, that's basically it, and the laws vary from state to state. I think most states require all-season as a minimum, and some require mud & snow tires for part of the year. Certain places (passes) in the mountains even require tire chains in severe snow conditions, although chains are outlawed in other states (out of fear that they wear out the road surfaces more).

--T

Terry Yager
April 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
For furthur discussion, please refer to 'Rants'...

--T

carlsson
April 9th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Only because I wrote that yesterday, I woke up this morning to a small layer of snow, which though has melted through the day...

ziloo
April 10th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Happy Birthday Comrade Carlsson!!!!!!!!

I started this thread, and I am the last one to jump in :blush:!!! I have been away from my PC for a few days, and I am baaack :cool1:.

Wish you a happy year ahead, and keep on vintaging Carlsson...

:wave: