PDA

View Full Version : Dynalogic Hyperion

prw411
April 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Hello.

I have a Hyperion running Ms-Dos 3.0, I know this machine had it's own version call ms-dos 1.25H, I wonder if anyone might know where I could get a hold of a copy? In anycase it's almost restored - only the keyboard is left to fix.

alexkerhead
April 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Pics please. And I dont know where you would find that version of dos, and it would be hard to get on there.

Erik
April 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM
MS had several early versions of DOS that were custom to the manufacturor. I remember a 1.15 or a 1.20 that came with the Compaq in my collection.

They are harder to come by.

Terry Yager
April 11th, 2006, 01:23 PM
FWIW, the Canadian version was badged the 'AJ Passport', sold by Anderson-Jacobson.

You could try running CP/M-86 v. 1.1 on it, if you're looking for authenticity.

--T

Terry Yager
April 11th, 2006, 01:36 PM
MS had several early versions of DOS that were custom to the manufacturor. I remember a 1.15 or a 1.20 that came with the Compaq in my collection.

They are harder to come by.

For the most part, the 1.2x versions were for some of the early not-quite-IBM-compatibles, but fortunately, the Hyperion doesn't suffer from that p'ticular handicap. It's [nearly] 100% compatible, so works with IBM software. The OEM disk might contain certain utilities for that specific machine, like mebbe drivers for the (optional) internal modem, etc.

--T

prw411
April 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Thankyou very much for the responses. Where might I find an OEM disk for the Hypperion? I tried several searches. Even searched for the 'Ajile' (the french model I think) but can't seem to get anything beyond a few pictures and a description. Is there anyone who actually has a copy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Terry Yager
April 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Wish I could help ya there, but even if I had one, it probably wouldn't work, given the luck I've been having with floppy disks the past couple of weeks.

--T

Chris2005
April 18th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Terry, wasn't the Hyperion a Canadian puter? I was led to believe. I have one too, but no software that's specific to it.

Terry Yager
April 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Yes, and no...
The AJ Passport and the Hyperion are one & the same (like Dodge & Fargo trucks). They were marketed in Canadia as the Passport and in US as the Hyperion. They were all built by Anderson-Jacobson, in Canadia. I don't believe they had a plant here.

You wouldn't consider parting with yours, would you?

--T

Chris2005
April 24th, 2006, 07:41 AM
well it's not in the greatest of shape. The case has considerable yellowing (solveable I guess), the monitor has impressions burnt into it. Otherwise it works well. I would consider a trade.

prw411
April 25th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Have another computer simply called a 'Comterm' (same star shape for the 'O' - just like the hyperion). I saw it sitting in the back of an electronics store, with no cover, and full of dust. When I took a closer look I realized the boards were almost identical to the hyperion (some slight modifications - such as a 90 degree
adapter for the 50 pin connector so that the boards lay flat). It also had a floppy drive still connected and an open slot (perhaps for asecond floppy?).
I ended up using it in my efforts to restore the hyperion, but wondered if anyone had heard about such a computer?

** sorry, don't have any pictures yet, soon as i get some digital photos I will post them

Terry Yager
April 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Wow! That's a new one on me...

--T

CheckMark
May 19th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Hi I just acquired a very clean Dynalogic Hyperion 3012. I've read where many others are looking for software. And have yet to see where anyones acquired the H1.25. I'd be interested in acquiring any versoin of dos that might bring this pc to life.:D