PDA

View Full Version : Philips CDi model 910 nvram

Visionary
February 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Today I decided to replace the battery inside the nvram chip of my recently acquired CDi.
Digging out the battery with careful maneuvers from a dremel tool then soldering wires and CR2032 to the tiny tabs sticking out of the chip went fairly well.
However, after I put in a battery and tested whether the time and high scores and game data would be saved, it wasn't. Upon investigation I discovered that I had the positive and negative wires reversed...

LUCKILY after swapping the wires at the holder, I was able to save the time and game, nothing apparently having happened to the chip (or the console)!

So I post this to say not all hope is lost if you hook the battery up backwards. :)

Drea
February 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hi

I think I remember placing the batteries the wrong way in a wireless keyboard, nothing happened to the keyboard, but the batteries leaked. Maybe best to use a new battery in case this leaks too?

Visionary
February 25th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Yes, I did put a fresh battery in the holder because the one that was in backwards seemed drained. I had it in there a good 20 minutes before I realized something was wrong.

One thing I forgot to mention was that not all hope would have been lost if I had destroyed the chip because I could have replaced it.