PDA

View Full Version : most desirable atari 800 in the world!

ebaybrad1
March 27th, 2012, 04:00 PM
What is wrong with this ...lol

Someone is opening up their change jar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220983290477

dabone
March 28th, 2012, 06:18 AM
What is the 850 interface worth?

Later,
dabone

barythrin
March 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
That's odd.. what was it at? Right now it's at $28 with 22 hours left. With the software it might be worth it for parts. I do see the 212 bids which is ridiculous. Looks like per the comments someone accidentally bid something stupid on it and backed out which is maybe what you saw?

dorkbert
March 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I think the guy is being an ass for refusing to cancel a bid. The bidder doesn't want it, forcing the bidder to follow through to me does not speak well of the seller.

geoffm3
March 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM
The bid history on that item sure looks suspect. What's with all the penny increments? Trying to bid something up?

Vint
March 29th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Man, I've seen a lot of auctions in my time, but this is ridiculous! 216 bids with 3 hrs to go.
I feel sorry for the seller on this one. What kind of buyers is he dealing with here? I can see maybe the guy with 2 buys to his name being somewhat goofy here, but you'd think the guy with 454 buys would have more sense than this penny bidding silliness. This all makes no sense and when I see auctions that 'make no sense', I move on to another auction. This Atari 800 isn't worth the time.

barythrin
March 29th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Think it was some poorly programmed bidding bot the buyer used? Maybe it just bid minimum increments to win and they had it try pennies? I never understand the bid comments where a user has the same max price and shows only themselves (the latest 15 or so just show one user and no price increase). I'm not sure if that means they raised their own max or what. Maybe it's a ploy to get it attention on ebays quick list of most watched auctions?

I agree with the unfortunate attitude towards the accidental bid. Judging by the date it may be that 2 feedback user who obviously still has the max bid. I suppose they could always argue about it later with ebay though. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to try and force someone to keep their bid.

ebaybrad1
March 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Funny that after all that, neither of them won! lol

barythrin
March 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
lol, sniped with 10 seconds left. So anyone here gonna fess up to it? ;-)

Maverick1978
April 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
I cannot tell a lie... it was not I who bid so foolishly!

(though the 850 might prove cool if I ever wanted to use mine as a Terminal!)