PDA

View Full Version : United 93

USSEnterprise
April 22nd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Don't people know what tact is anymore!?! People waited 50 years to make a movie about Pearl Harbor. It is only four and a half years after 9/11, and there is already a non-documentry based on events that day. And from what I've heard, its not even that accurate. I'm sorry, but this is way, way too soon.

alexkerhead
April 23rd, 2006, 12:38 AM
Any movie based off what people "said" is a load of crap to start with, nobody knows what really happened, because people who know died. It is their stupid families trying to blow everything out of proportion that made the movie so unrealistic.
Sorry for the ranting.

CP/M User
April 23rd, 2006, 01:27 AM
USSEnterprise wrote:

> Don't people know what tact is anymore!?! People
> waited 50 years to make a movie about Pearl Harbor.
> It is only four and a half years after 9/11, and
> there is already a non-documentry based on events
> that day. And from what I've heard, its not even that
> accurate. I'm sorry, but this is way, way too soon.

It's bad even when they have to remind you when it too place.

Geez, it looks even funnier when it's some young-buck reporter
talking about something event as if they were actually there
when it happened! ;-)

There was one great Aussie film which was based on a true
story - called Fortress (not to be confused with the U.S.
counterpart based in some futuristic prision). When I last saw
it though, some bits you could tell were made up - mostly for
entainment value - otherwise an interesting film about a group
of School kids who were kidnapped (along with the School
teacher), escaped & defended themselves in the bush.

CP/M User.

mbbrutman
April 23rd, 2006, 06:31 AM
Any movie based off what people "said" is a load of crap to start with, nobody knows what really happened, because people who know died. It is their stupid families trying to blow everything out of proportion that made the movie so unrealistic.
Sorry for the ranting.

I realize this is a rant section, but calling the families stupid probably isn't cool. Remember, they all died and we know that for sure.

NathanAllan
April 23rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Yup, too soon. Anything to make a buck. No sense of decency in Hollywood anymore.

CP/M User
April 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
NathanAllan wrote:

> Yup, too soon. Anything to make a buck. No sense of
> decency in Hollywood anymore.

Really, for some reason I thought Hollywood were the sort of
people who make movies based on it'll be okay as long as these
people & this persons Dog survive. You know with the perfect
Fairy-Tale Ending?

dpatten
April 25th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Don't people know what tact is anymore!?! People waited 50 years to make a movie about Pearl Harbor. It is only four and a half years after 9/11, and there is already a non-documentry based on events that day. And from what I've heard, its not even that accurate. I'm sorry, but this is way, way too soon.

Not strictly true. The first non-documentary movie about Pearl Harbor was made in 1942. It was a dramatic plug for war bonds called Avenge December 7.

The first full length movie was a bodice buster called From Here to Eternity IIRC in 1950. It starred Burt Lancaster, Deborah Kerr, Montgomery Clift and a very young Frank Sinatra.

If you take into account wartime restrictions ending on filmmaking in 1945 then it was only 5 years after they were able to make a movie that they did.

You are also forgetting the best Pearl harbor Movie, Tora Tora Tora in 1970.

I personally don't think it is too soon. Unlike WWII we are in danger of forgetting.