PDA

View Full Version : TMS320 Digital Signal Processors

marmotking
April 20th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I have a speech synthesizer that uses a TMP32010JDL. Note the "TMP" not "TMS". It's a Texas Instruments chip, since it's got their logo on it. Does anyone know the difference betwen TMS and TMP? I can find datasheets everywhere for the TMS32010, but no listing of TMP32010 anywhere. It's in a ceramic/gold package, 40-pin dip, if that matters... Thanks!

marmotking
April 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Oh, I may have found the answer:

http://www.dsprelated.com/groups/c6x/show/11025.php

The relevant part is:

*DSP Part Number Nomenclature*

*TMS 320 C 542 PGE (L) - 100*

*TMX = Experimental device *

*TMP = Prototype device *

*TMS = Qualified device*

*SMJ = MIL-STD-883C *

*SM = High Rel (non-883C)*

*Device family **320 = TI DSP *
*Technology *

*C = CMOS *

*E = EPROM CMOS *

*F = Flash *

*LC = 3.3-V CMOS *

*LF = 3.3-V Flash *

*VC = 1.8-V (Core) CMOS *
*UVC = 1.2-V (Core) CMOS *

marmotking
April 20th, 2012, 07:39 PM
From the TI site:

"Following is the description for TMX320, TMP320 and TMS320 devices. TMX: TMX means that these devices are currently in engineering evaluation stage and in the process of being validated for functionality and electrical characterization. These devices are only for validation but not for production usage. TMP: TMP is a stage between TMX and TMS. These devices are completely validated for functionality, tested with the production test program and have completed the bulk of electrical characterization. TMP silicon is the same as TMS, with the exception that it has not completed FULL reliability qualification and received the official stamp of approval. TMP products can be used for production systems. TMS: TMS is the completely qualified version of the device and has the official stamp of approval. It is intended for production usage."