PDA

View Full Version : Looking for IBM PC Support for Dos and OS/2

Jimmy
May 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Did any one hold on to IBM PC Support Disks for an IBM Midrange S36 or As400, before it became Client Access for the iSeries. I must have throw away a couple of dozen thru the years. I would really appreciate if I could find someone who is willing to image the disks if they have them.

Thanks,

Jimmy

mbbrutman
May 2nd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Did any one hold on to IBM PC Support Disks for an IBM Midrange S36 or As400, before it became Client Access for the iSeries. I must have throw away a couple of dozen thru the years. I would really appreciate if I could find someone who is willing to image the disks if they have them.

Thanks,

Jimmy

You don't have an AS/400 lurking in the closet do you?

It's been called Client Access for a long long time now. (10 years? 15 maybe?) If nobody here has them there is a mailing list (ClassicCmp) that might be more helpful - there are more of the 'big iron' types there.

Mike

Jimmy
May 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Mike:

We purchsed a F-60 in late 1989 to replace our Burroughs midrange, we had been running a 4955 and 2925 or a while. It was not delivered to fall 1990 if I remember right.

I will check the ClassicCmp site.

Thanks for the advice.

mbbrutman
May 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mike:

We purchsed a F-60 in late 1989 to replace our Burroughs midrange, we had been running a 4955 and 2925 or a while. It was not delivered to fall 1990 if I remember right.

I will check the ClassicCmp site.

Thanks for the advice.

You're going to love this. I worked for a long time in the guts of the AS/400 operating system. Not the F models though; I was on the project that ported the OS to the PowerPC based processor. Those machines first made it to market in 94 (Advanced 36) and 95 (first PowerPC based AS/400s).

Mike

Jimmy
May 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
We originally ordered an E model but IBM delivered the F model. We still have a couple of iSeries, one at our data center and one co-located at Sungard in Atlanta. They are good solid machines, real workhorses for us. Most of what we do is still batch processing. Must have been a real trip working on the OS, was wondering where you acquired the skills for mTCP, don't pick that up overnight.

JOHNMORR
May 10th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I don't have install disks for pc support, but I do have backups of the Dirs on the PC.
You are welcome to copies.