PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Terry Yeager...

Druid6900
May 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I was talking to Terry today and, although he is in rough shape physically, he will be entering a physiotherapy course that he hopes will have him in shape to return to the Forums in the near future.

He wanted me to extend his best wishes to all the inmates of VCF :)

DOS lives on!!
May 10th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Well at least we know he's doing alright and can eventually channel his humor back to the forums. Hope his therapy goes well.

NathanAllan
May 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I hope things go well, I have a feeling they will and he'll be back here soon enough. Beer.

barythrin
May 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the update. Sucks that he's going through this.

marcoguy
May 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I think he was already off the forum when I joined last February. What happened?

DOS lives on!!
May 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM
From what I've learned since I've been here, he goes through these phases of different body cycles.
As he described here,

Pain ---> Intolerable pain ---> Sleep deprivation ---> Psychosis --->2a.m. Trip to hospital ---> Men in white, Diazepam IV push, 5-point restraints, Atavin IV drip ---> Orange Alert ---Local police ---> Homeland Gestapo ---> 3:a.m. call to Washington (the city dumbass, even I know the president dood is dead) ---> 4a.m. call from Washington to VA hospital director, visit from M.I.B. (Really, not the ones in my head!) ---> More m.i.w. ---> More IV meds (?) ---> 3 -4 days marathon interrogation session ---> Any variety of other unpleasantries ---> ??? --- >With any luck, some adjustment to my meds, hopefully for the better ---> Eventual return to home and some semblance or normalcy ---> Lather ---> Rinse ---> Repeat as necessary...

Hope y'all get the picture. I don't disappear from here by choice, sometimes it just takes a while to get back into the loop. Wish me luck and hope for the best.
He came back this time for about three months, and hasn't been on the forums since. I do hope that he comes back to his regular self soon and logs back into here.

marcoguy
May 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oh, that's really rough. I used to know somebody who had something like that. It was because of his brain cancer. Some days he forgot who he was. Really rough. I have a lot of sympathy for somebody who goes through stuff like that.

lucasdaytona
May 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I was talking to Terry today and, although he is in rough shape physically, he will be entering a physiotherapy course that he hopes will have him in shape to return to the Forums in the near future.

He wanted me to extend his best wishes to all the inmates of VCF :)

If you get in touch with him again, please tell that we are wishing only the best for him! Best wishes for Terry, from Brazil.

And if is anything I could do, please tell me.

tingo
May 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Best wishes and a speedy return to his best self!
Thanks for telling us.

Druid6900
May 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Not a problem.

I'll be checking in every couple of weeks on him and I'll either be talking to him if he's there or his daughter if he's not.

I'll update the thread with any relevant news on that basis.

cobracon
May 12th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Get better soon Terry!

Geo3
May 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, get better soon.
Take Care

Druid6900
June 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
OK, I got a hold of T's "adopted" daughter yesterday and, apparently, Terry's not doing so hot.

He's paralyzed from the waist down because of some sort of spinal cord problem and has almost no use of his hands.

He's been in and out of various hospitals in Michigan and they took him down to the Hines VA medical center in Chicago, where he is now and where he is being thoroughly evaluated.

They are hopeful that they will be able surgically help the spinal cord problem, but, it's not without risks.

Sheila says he's in pretty good spirits so I'm going to dig up the number of the VA hospital and give him a call. If he doesn't mind, I'll give out the phone and room number to people in Private Mail if they are interested in contacting him.

NeXT
June 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
He's paralyzed from the waist down because of some sort of spinal cord problem and has almost no use of his hands.
I think I have a clue what it might be. Viral infection. My aunt went through the same virus years ago and it left her too stuck in a wheelchair under assistive care. She'll be that way for the rest of her life because her spinal cord ended up being attacked by her own white blood cells and there's pretty much nothing left in there now..

tezza
June 7th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Geezz, not good. Thanks for the updates Dru.

Tez

DOS lives on!!
June 7th, 2012, 04:17 AM
That's very bad news. That's going to disable him of doing many things for himself. But at least hope that any operations done to him result in a very good outcome.

Hope this isn't the last time we see him on the forums.:(

Maverick1978
June 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain%E2%80%93Barr%C3%A9_syndrome

Just tossing this out there, as it's often mis-diagnosed, at least from what we were told by doctors some years back.

My great-aunt had this in her late 60's. She was paralyzed from the waist-down for a few weeks, and slowly, got feeling and mobility back. It can affect different people different ways, but when it attacks those of a more advanced ago, they typically never gain full mobility back, and in some cases, never gain anything back at all.

Nasty stuff (my aunt was able to walk again, but was always a bit shaky, and had to have special inserts in her shows to keep her feet straight and braced against her lower legs)

MikeS
June 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sheila says he's in pretty good spirits so I'm going to dig up the number of the VA hospital and give him a call. Bad. Add my name to the list of well-wishers.

Rick Ethridge
June 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Please get well soon, Terry! From one vet to another.

33black
June 7th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Best of luck and wishes to Terry from myself as well.

My mom is in the hospital right now with a random virus that effects like 1 in 3 million people. Goodpasture Syndrome. Happened over the course of like a week.

It's a bitch when mortality is thrown in your face. Stupid bodies.

mbbrutman
June 8th, 2012, 04:58 AM
I'm confused here. Terry is being evaluated for surgery. Nobody said it was a virus ... that was a remote tele-diagnosis by a forum member.

Regardless, we all wish him well ...

cobracon
June 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Not good at all. I hope they can help him. He didn't look like he was doing good when I met him

barythrin
June 11th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Best wishes to him and certainly hope all ends up better. Not to get into too much diagnostic stuff but there was a fairly interesting documentary on megavitamins (huge doses of certain vitamins vs alternative surgeries, etc). One patient made a full recovery from leukemia from mega doses of vitamin c. That was after traditional treatment wasn't working. Anyway, interesting stuff although certainly like most things unknown side affects.

If he refuses vitamins grind them up and mix them in some beer. ;-)

Best wishes Terry!
- John