PDA

View Full Version : value of an IBM PC + Expansion unit, no monitors

tipc
May 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I'll be selling this stuff soon.

Unfortunately the units aren't in the best of shape. I had them stored in a damp area of the house, and there is some light rust, even to the point of bleeding through the paint (at least I think it's rust). And one of the aftermarket Toshiba half height floppy drives are missing, for the life of me can't figure out what I did with it (or why I pulled it out). Both units have hard drives, but at the least they'll need reformatting.

I'll be posting pictures soon. As soon as my body stops aching. I'll also be selling a bunch of compilers and whatnot. Other computers. Hot diggity.

hargle
May 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
please update your profile so we know where you live to know if it's even worth pursuing for us. I would only ever consider getting one if it was local.

Stone
May 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Oh, and don't forget to tell us wher you are so we don't have to waste time checking out heavy stuff that's halfway around the world. :-) You know there's a spot in your profile for just that purpose.

tipc
May 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Your wish is my command. I'm in central new jersey. 07731

twolazy
May 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Im interested in the expansion unit depending where you live and condition. Please update your location in your profile or tell us where you are, and pictures plz! :D

Doh thx! musta posted at the same time. Can you take any pictures, even crappy phone ones help. :D I have a couple friends in jersey...wonder if I can get one of em to pick this up for me.

DOS lives on!!
May 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Is there an echo in here?

There was a thread a few days ago where someone wanted an expansion unit. I believe it was SteveMarg that was looking.

twolazy
May 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Ya seen expansion unit and IBM PC for sale... Def grabbed my attention! ROFL. Prob 10 of us that want that expansion easily! >.< I've even considered using my extra 5162 chassis to make my own.

Is it me or alot more stuff popping up outta nowhere past few months?

tipc
May 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I posted the message in this forum because I want a handle on what it might be worth. There's no need for all the other banter. When I'm ready to sell I'll post in the appropriate forum.

I'll take pictures...as soon as my body stops aching. I'm not supposed to be doing much, and have been severely overdoing it lately. I'm tired and in pain. The units are in good shape except for the rust, as I presume that's what it is. These units are decked out, loads of stuff internally, Orchid 286, large auxiliary (external) fan, other cards. CGA/MGA.

tipc
May 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
sad too that so many peeps are looking for it. I had (think I chucked it) a Tecmar expansion unit, which, of course, isn't as interesting to people, but much more rare then the IBM unit.

Stone
May 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Your wish is my command. I'm in central new jersey. 07731Well, i'm glad I asked! You're not halfway around the world -- just a short way across a relatively small state. Geez, It's only 50-60 miles. Can I pick it up this weekend? :-)

twolazy
May 15th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Go Stone! >.< Get it Get it! ROFL

Stone
May 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
He's right outside of Asbury Park... I'll stop over and visit wid da' Boss while I'm there. Sounds like a fun-filled, productive weekend.

bettablue
May 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Just in case, I have an extra receiver. When I got my expansion unit, I used a set of transmitter and receiver cards I got from a member in the forums. (I'm not providing his name out of courtesy and provacy concerns. I'll leave that up to him if he wants the attention) So when my expansion unit arrived, it came with a duplicate to the receiver card.

Sorry, I don't have an matching transmitter. Those seem to be almost impossible to find. I only have the original receiver. PM me if interested.

Stone
May 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
We're still waiting for the pics he promised to post. And, he hasn't actually offered it for sale, yet, either. So far it's still... vaporware. :-)

tipc
May 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM
it aint' vaporware Stone. This stuff is going fo' sho'. I'm likely relocating across country, and the contents of 2 storage units are being dispensed with.

But I have this little imp of a hernia. The easiest to take care of, via surgery, but the most dangerous, in terms of "letting it go". But I'm past the 6 month mark (?) whatever that means, so I guess I don't have to worry too much about it strangulating. No pain generally, just limits me. I'm pushing it by lifting 30 lbs. And I've been doing loads of lifting over the past 2 weeks, plus working on the car. On my back, swinging a sledge. Etc.

This weekend is probably a bit too soon. Don't know for sure. If you want to pm your phone number, or call 8047327608 (swap first 2 groups of 3s. If you're from NJ, you'll immediately see it). No voice mail, but caller id. But wait until as late in the evening as you can. Phone is off, charger fell in cat pee LOL, and I've had it off for a couple of days. Not sure if it registers caller id when off (stupid phone, in an era of smart phones).

Incidentally you didn't make an offer...I'm not ridiculous I don't think. But some stuff I just refuse to give away. Was way too hard acquiring some of my gear. Pics will be a few days yet. Not pushing myself too hard. I'm already feeling the toll of the past 2 weeks. Not looking for sympathy and sorry if I grossed anyone out.

Stone
May 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Hey, I've never had a hernia but I surely don't envy you.

Those 2 storage units aren't computer stuff, are they? 'Cause if they are I'd be willing to come by and help with the unloading, sorting and whatever it takes to get them to market. If not, I'll wait to see the pics and then see what can be worked out. You can always SKYPE me.

bettablue
May 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I started a thread in VCF Auctions regarding this IBM 5161 expansion unit with 2 Seagate drives yesterday, but I guess nobody saw it. At least noone commented on it, but the seller has a pretty nice complete expansion unit up for sale on e_Bay. Starting bid seems high to me at $500.00. But again, I'm not sure what the value of one of these really is. The only reason I'm duplicating it here is because tere seems to be enough interest. If I've posted incorrectly, sorry.

At this time there is just over three hours remaining on the auction.

Hope this helps someone here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5161IBM-XT-HARDDRIVE-EXPANSION-UNIT-WITH-SEAGATE-DRIVES-/160801765843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25708839d3

marcoguy
May 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Yep, I saw it. Wayyy out of my price range!

bettablue
May 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yep, I saw it. Wayyy out of my price range!

I know what you mean. Most of us here aren't rich. Still I'm watching to see if it sells on the first run.

I also told my best friend about it, but he can't afford it either. Expansion units were quite expensive back in the day, but just how much one with matching 10 to 30 Meg drives would have sold for, is a question for the blue book, if there is one. I do know it was typically much cheaper to buy an IBM 5160 XT than to upgrade a 5150 by adding an expansion unit.

Which still begs the question... Just how rare are these things. And, roughly how much would a completed IBM 5150 PC, plus 5161 expansion unit in excellent condition expect to sell for today? (Assuming a "basic" installation including 640 K RAM, dual 360Kb floppy drives, parallel and serial ports, and in the expansion unit about 40 Megs of hard drive space on either one or two hard disk drives and couple of basic expansin cards)

I'm sure $500.00 really isn't out of line.

Update: It look as though the auction was pulled before it closed. Which is funny because there isn't eny recoord of it ever being listed on E-Bay any more. Oh well.

LittleBlackDuck
May 21st, 2012, 03:11 AM
I'll put my hand up and say I bought one of the two this seller had up for auction. I grabbed mine a few weeks ago and it was a similar config, though mine also included the connecting cable too.

I justified the price given how hard it is to find a complete set of Extender + Receiver + Cable, and also the cost of 2x ST-412's... I'd actually planned on purchasing a working ST-412 as the one in my XT had recently died, but those were going for anything from US$150-500 depending on the seller. This extender came with two drives in unknown condition, so I took a gamble. The seller was really helpful with shipping (I'm in Sydney Australia) and it arrived in one piece.

To my surprise, once I completely disassembled the thing and removed the inch-thick layer of brown smelly dust off everything, it worked perfectly when put back together. Both ST-412's were flawless too (not even a hint of dry bearings). When plugged into my XT booted to a DOS prompt off one of the drives. The seller told me this had been sitting idle in the back of his repair shop for around 20 years, so it is impressive the HDD platters kept their data for that long. The top cover was pretty scratched and marked, but that's to be expected for an item this age. I was also surprised at the length of the connecting cable... I've read elsewhere they're usually short only allowing the extender to stack on top; the IBM-branded cable this came with allowed the units to sit side-by-side with ample length to spare.

I'm very happy with the extender; I hope another member of these forums managed to grab the other extender he had up for auction, and had similar success. As everyone mentioned it was a pretty steep price, but I've been wanting one of these for over a decade, and the price was off-set when you factor in the cost of two working ST-412's.

Now all I need to find is a working 130w 240v power supply for this thing (currently it's plugged into a 110v step down transformer, but it works).

per
May 21st, 2012, 05:56 AM
I'll put my hand up and say I bought one of the two this seller had up for auction. I grabbed mine a few weeks ago and it was a similar config, though mine also included the connecting cable too.

I justified the price given how hard it is to find a complete set of Extender + Receiver + Cable, and also the cost of 2x ST-412's... I'd actually planned on purchasing a working ST-412 as the one in my XT had recently died, but those were going for anything from US$150-500 depending on the seller. This extender came with two drives in unknown condition, so I took a gamble. The seller was really helpful with shipping (I'm in Sydney Australia) and it arrived in one piece.

To my surprise, once I completely disassembled the thing and removed the inch-thick layer of brown smelly dust off everything, it worked perfectly when put back together. Both ST-412's were flawless too (not even a hint of dry bearings). When plugged into my XT booted to a DOS prompt off one of the drives. The seller told me this had been sitting idle in the back of his repair shop for around 20 years, so it is impressive the HDD platters kept their data for that long. The top cover was pretty scratched and marked, but that's to be expected for an item this age. I was also surprised at the length of the connecting cable... I've read elsewhere they're usually short only allowing the extender to stack on top; the IBM-branded cable this came with allowed the units to sit side-by-side with ample length to spare.

I'm very happy with the extender; I hope another member of these forums managed to grab the other extender he had up for auction, and had similar success. As everyone mentioned it was a pretty steep price, but I've been wanting one of these for over a decade, and the price was off-set when you factor in the cost of two working ST-412's.

Now all I need to find is a working 130w 240v power supply for this thing (currently it's plugged into a 110v step down transformer, but it works).

Congratulations :) .

You should still make sure that the HDDs don't suffer from bad sectors due to disk-crash. When I bought mine 5161, each of the two HDDs had one bad sector each due to this. The only way to note is that some sectors may be unaccessible, and you may get errors when you try to read files located in those sectors. To prevent disk-crash when you move the unit, the R/W heads in the drive has to be "parked" (there is an option that does this on the IBM PC/XT diagnostic disk). Allthough you may not have bad sectors, I would still suggest to low-level format the drives and reformat/repartition them just in case (also with respect to the privacy of the previous owners).

The process involved in low-level formating depends on what HDD controller you have. Se here for more information: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showwiki.php?title=How+To:Low+Level+Format+XT+Clas s+Hard+Drive

tipc
May 21st, 2012, 04:19 PM
I put the 5150/5161 combo on ebay. No one offered anything, so there it is. Pictures are not great, but I'm not pulling the stuff out if there is no interest.

marcoguy
May 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
Can we have a link?

Stone
May 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM
What pictures? You never posted anything here.

What eBay? DITTO

Do we look like a bunch of mindreaders?

V A P O R W A R E

bettablue
May 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
I don't know how you had it listed, but whenever I searched for 5150, or 5161, or anything to do with IBM and expansion unit, my results didn't show anything. Is it possible there was something goofy with the auction so that people didn't see the listing? Because if the listing isn't visible with simple searches, they won't see it. They can't bid on something they can't see.

I put the 5150/5161 combo on ebay. No one offered anything, so there it is. Pictures are not great, but I'm not pulling the stuff out if there is no interest.

Stone
May 21st, 2012, 04:49 PM
I don't know how you had it listed, but whenever I searched for 5150, or 5161, or anything to do with IBM and expansion unit, my results didn't show anything. Is it possible there was something goofy with the auction so that people didn't see the listing? Because if the listing isn't visible with simple searches, they won't see it. They can't bid on something they can't see.He didn't list it.

He doesn't have it.

It's all a crock.

Did you see the pics he said he was giong to post here?

Need I say more?

I don't know what game he's playing but I think someone should remove his posts and ban his account.

SpidersWeb
May 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

DOS lives on!!
May 21st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Well, let's give it a few hours and see what he does. There may be a delay on the time he submitted the auction and the time it actually displays. (I've never listed stuff on Ebay before.) I wouldn't immediately go to a ban statement.

SpidersWeb, is that a Chinese haiku?:D (What is it?)

marcoguy
May 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Well, I think we should give him a day or so to post pics or a link or something. He's not even online right now, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

SpidersWeb
May 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM
Well, let's give it a few hours and see what he does. There may be a delay on the time he submitted the auction and the time it actually displays. (I've never listed stuff on Ebay before.) I wouldn't immediately go to a ban statement.

SpidersWeb, is that a Chinese haiku?:D (What is it?)

It's an angry man throwing a table a.k.a. 'tableflip'
I think it's quite amusing, so am always looking for fitting reasons to use it :D

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt where possible, but this thread does seem kind of odd.
Surely he must've had the parts to trade, can't imagine why someone would fake that? Hopefully he posts back up.

bettablue
May 21st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Hi there LBD.

The web site I bought my cable from has different lengths of connecting cable. The shortest they have is 3 feet long which allowed my to seperate the expansion unit from my PC on the portable desk I'm using. (I'm attaching a pic to show my setup again for those who are interested.

I guess I have really been extremely lucky because I' have hear of users in the forums who have been looking for an expansion unit for anywhere from 5 to 10 years! To be completely honest, ole juul is the member who gave the an extra set extender and receiver cards. It was up to me for the rest. Ole couldn't verify the cards either. If they worked, great, but if they didn't, well then I was on my own. Luckilly for me the rest of the main expansion unit basically fell in my lap just a coupe weeks later.

Ole doesn't have any more parts for the expansion unit, so I really do have to give him credit for gettin me on my way.

The thing I find funny is that once I got my expansion unit and got it up and running, that there have been no less than three of these expansion units pop up either here in the forums, or on E-Bay. I only have a total of about $125.00, to $150.00 in mine, including shipping, so I know I got a fantastic deal. That includes purchasing 2 full height MFM drives which the seller indicated were installed int eh expansion unit to begin with. Oh well, I can't, and won't complain.

Final update on my system. My best friend is taking my system to the college for a complete diagnostic run in prerparation for the final installation and configuration of all of the remaining hardware. That is going to be another juge savings. Edward promised me that he will have the system brougt back to me with everything working like it's supposed to. When I get Alice back, I should be able to boot her up, and do whatever I want, from connecting to my network, and being able to dial out using a phone line.

My dream computer will be complete. Then I'll have to find another project. Any ideas?

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 02:19 AM
Well, if I was you, I would consider using it! :D

bettablue
May 22nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Oh, I'm already using it. But when it's actually complete, I'll be using it a lot more as my own vintage gaming system. I'll also be using it for writing, and possibly even taking over my banking records. The checkbook program I have for the IBM PC is in many ways better than most of the new progs out there.

Besides, I don't get anything unless I have the intention of using it. One of the worst things you can do to any old PC like this, is to put it away. After long periods of storage, that's when most of the bad things happen.

Any more ideas though?

Hi there LBD.

The web site I bought my cable from has different lengths of connecting cable. The shortest they have is 3 feet long which allowed my to seperate the expansion unit from my PC on the portable desk I'm using. (I'm attaching a pic to show my setup again for those who are interested.

I guess I have really been extremely lucky because I' have hear of users in the forums who have been looking for an expansion unit for anywhere from 5 to 10 years! To be completely honest, ole juul is the member who gave the an extra set extender and receiver cards. It was up to me for the rest. Ole couldn't verify the cards either. If they worked, great, but if they didn't, well then I was on my own. Luckilly for me the rest of the main expansion unit basically fell in my lap just a coupe weeks later.

Ole doesn't have any more parts for the expansion unit, so I really do have to give him credit for gettin me on my way.

The thing I find funny is that once I got my expansion unit and got it up and running, that there have been no less than three of these expansion units pop up either here in the forums, or on E-Bay. I only have a total of about $125.00, to $150.00 in mine, including shipping, so I know I got a fantastic deal. That includes purchasing 2 full height MFM drives which the seller indicated were installed int eh expansion unit to begin with. Oh well, I can't, and won't complain.

Final update on my system. My best friend is taking my system to the college for a complete diagnostic run in prerparation for the final installation and configuration of all of the remaining hardware. That is going to be another juge savings. Edward promised me that he will have the system brougt back to me with everything working like it's supposed to. When I get Alice back, I should be able to boot her up, and do whatever I want, from connecting to my network, and being able to dial out using a phone line.

My dream computer will be complete. Then I'll have to find another project. Any ideas?

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
I don't get anything unless I have the intention of using it
That is exactly my philosophy. You could try networking it and using the Arachne browser for 8088s. I am currently attempting to do just that with my 5160.

SpidersWeb
May 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
If you're looking for a next project, I think a Compaq Deskpro 386* (if you can find one) is both historically interesting and would let you play the next era of games. My next project is a 5170 but for the x86 game generation I tend to end up using my 386SX/33 all the time, even though it's assembled from cheap clone parts and looks like the rear end of a donkey.

If you wanted to play the same games, but with better graphics, a Tandy 1000 or IBM PCjr could be another option.

Just some ideas anywho.

* interesting because Intel went 'sole-supplier' on the 386 and IBM said no, then Compaq said 'oh hell yes' and were ahead of the game. IBM 'closed up' a little with the PS/2 range for their 386's. With the two things combined IBM ended up adhering to industry standards rather than defining them in the long term (although we did keep a few bits from the PS/2)

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
oh look. oh look. I did a search for "5161 expansion", and whaddaya know...

and oh look. There's even a bid :)

you got issues STONE. I'm glad I didn't have you drive up. You've acted like a colossal buttnugget. Crikeys.

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Well, waddaya know! I think I speak for stone and everybody else in this thread when I say I am sorry for doubting you.

DOS lives on!!
May 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Calling people a dingleberry isn't nice, but since he suggested you be banished, I think you both are at a neutral standpoint now. I can now see the 5161 on Ebay.

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
he's just a sore loser. What kind of idiot calls for someone's banning w/o knowing all the facts??? I stated I put in on ebay and he crapped a brick. How could I get away w/that lie??? And how was it that no one was able to find it???

SpidersWeb
May 22nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
lol!

Looks like a pretty nice set, if someone gets that for $100 they should be stoked, will be watching to see what it ends up selling for. (I'd be interested too, but postage to here would be like $400).

Stone
May 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
And how was it that no one was able to find it???You could have saved a lot of confusion by putting the link up here. All you said was...'I put it on eBay'. That's not much help considering eBay has millions of sales. The only thing you got right was in saying that... 'And how was it that no one was able to find it???', because nobody did!

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
but I found it quite easily. Sometimes auctions take a while to post, not my fault.

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
so just pull up the anchors and sail on over! I'd love to see New Zealand anyway!

It has issues. Not as nice as when I got the stuff :(

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
I believe I even posted a request of a link. It wasn't because I wanted to buy it. It was because I knew it would have saved you a lot of trouble in the long run.

Stone
May 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
but I found it quite easily.DOH, it's *your* auction.

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well, instead of quibbling over his Ebay listing, let's just enjoy the fact that it's not vaporware.

bettablue
May 22nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
This is really getting wierd. When I do a search for the same thing, I don't see the expansion unit. However when I do a search for PC Expansion I get a NICE result of an IBM PC jr. with it's own expansion unit. Now that is a nice setup, but for the life of me tipc, I can't see yours.

Hmm.

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Well, here's a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-5161-expansion-unit-5150-Personal-computer-/180889382543?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2a1dd8ee8f#ht_500wt_1416
Is this the pcjr?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-PC-Jr-Computer-Legacy-Expansion-384kb-5-25-Floppy-Monitor-Keyboard-/221031621569?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item337682e3c1#ht_1488wt_1397

bettablue
May 22nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the links Marco. Yes, that's the PC Jr. I found.

The reason I'm interested is because my best friend wants one of these expansion units. He's gotten quite jealous of mine. LOL!

So if the price remains reaonable, we might buy one. My search finally brought up results for the expansion unit too. I thought you had 2 of the expansion units for sale. Either way, that is an awesome price for the expansion AND a PC. I'll keep an eye on it for my friend. But he's going to have to do his own bidding.

Well, here's a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-5161-expansion-unit-5150-Personal-computer-/180889382543?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2a1dd8ee8f#ht_500wt_1416
Is this the pcjr?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-PC-Jr-Computer-Legacy-Expansion-384kb-5-25-Floppy-Monitor-Keyboard-/221031621569?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item337682e3c1#ht_1488wt_1397

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
DOH, it's *your* auction.

but I did a search. As any normal intelligent orangutang would have. I spelled it out even. Searched for "5161 expansion". Wadn't hard. At all.

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
"I can't make it out, but somehow the label on the upper unit doesn't look quite right. ticp, can you tell me/us what the badge reads? "

Exactly what it's supposed to read.

Apparently the reason why the badge doesn't look right is because you're dyslexic. TICP?

Stone
May 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
but I did a search. As any normal intelligent orangutang would have. I spelled it out even. Searched for "5161 expansion". Wadn't hard. At all.Isn't it rather strange that none of the other members here found it? Only you. Once again, a simple link on your part would have made it easy for everyone here to see it, without any fuss. One would think it makes sense, if you're trying to sell something, you want to make it easier, not harder to find it.

Stone
May 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
"I can't make it out, but somehow the label on the upper unit doesn't look quite right. ticp, can you tell me/us what the badge reads? "

Exactly what it's supposed to read.

Apparently the reason why the badge doesn't look right is because you're dyslexic. TICP?Does anybody have an idea what this rant means? I certainly don't.

One thing I do know is that you're rather nasty, not worth dealing with and probably have some less-than-desirable feedback on eBay as far as honesty goes.

DOS lives on!!
May 22nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Stone, read post #38 and then edit post #52.
See, I can find it.

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
I want you banned Stone. You are so banned.

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Look tipc, You really should have posted a link. This wouldn't be happening right now if you did. Also, when people asked you for one, you didn't need to get all defensive.
Stone, I know Tipc screwed up, but there are literally 3 pages of you bitching about his mistakes and him retaliating.

You both need to lay off.

tipc
May 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Stone, read post #38 and then edit post #52.
See, I can find it.

dude it's just not there. Stop it. You're just encouraging more vaporware. Stone has too much vapors in his brain.

Stone
May 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
I want you banned Stone. You are so banned.Why, because I give help when I can, sell good stuff to people and don't go back on deals I've made, tell the truth at all times, and call a spade a spade? OK, I'm banned. At least I don't have ANY negative feedback on eBay.

DOS lives on!!
May 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
dude it's just not there. Stop it. You're just encouraging more vaporware. Stone has too much vapors in his brain.
I thought you wanted to prove to everyone that people could find it. And yes it is there, just loooookkkk some ways deeper into the picture.

Why must drama be stirred up over the simplest of things? It's just an auction that the link has already been provided to.

marcoguy
May 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Why, because I give help when I can, sell good stuff to people and don't go back on deals I've made, tell the truth at all times, and call a spade a spade? OK, I'm banned. At least I don't have ANY negative feedback on eBay.

OMFG will you all just stop! It's just a freaking auction!!!

SpidersWeb
May 22nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
DOS - he wasn't having a go at you, he was being sarcastic, and winding up stone about his vapourware comment.
I found it straight away too (searched for IBM 5161) but I only looked for it yesterday.

DOS lives on!!
May 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
As I think this is necessary, read the third sentence of post #59.

tipc
May 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Why, because I give help when I can, sell good stuff to people and don't go back on deals I've made, tell the truth at all times, and call a spade a spade? OK, I'm banned. At least I don't have ANY negative feedback on eBay.

When did I ever say you weren't dealing w/an utter scoundrel. BE FOREWARNED!

I earned 1 of the recent negatives, I'll grant that. The other was posted by a despicable human being who frequents this board in fact. I don't want to go there. As it is my blood pressure is prone to blowing the top of my head off.