PDA

View Full Version : My c-64 is acting up

Computer Collector
April 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
my c-64 was misbahaving yesterday. Ill have to have a long talk with it! Perhaps you guys can give me some parental advice. what would you do if your kid64 was like this?

first, I turned him on and when I was preessing the letter "o" he was displaying other characters, mainly "q". This was a problem because when I wanted to type "load" I ended up with lqad". I restarted him to fix his problem.

Then his screen was juming up and down like a little brat.

Finally, when I tryed to play "montezumas revenge" with this little tyke, he made the guy jump up and down even though I wasnt pressing the fire button! and the screen was jumping, too! I was in a damn kid circus!

I punished him by giving my love and care to my trs model 4 which behaved like the nicest and cutest little girl in the world!

Do you parents know what could have caused him to misbehave so bad?

Terry Yager
April 28th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Advice? Stick with the Model 4, she'll never betray ya.

--T

alexkerhead
April 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
my c-64 was misbahaving yesterday. Ill have to have a long talk with it! Perhaps you guys can give me some parental advice. what would you do if your kid64 was like this?

first, I turned him on and when I was preessing the letter "o" he was displaying other characters, mainly "q". This was a problem because when I wanted to type "load" I ended up with lqad". I restarted him to fix his problem.

Then his screen was juming up and down like a little brat.

Finally, when I tryed to play "montezumas revenge" with this little tyke, he made the guy jump up and down even though I wasnt pressing the fire button! and the screen was jumping, too! I was in a damn kid circus!

I punished him by giving my love and care to my trs model 4 which behaved like the nicest and cutest little girl in the world!

Do you parents know what could have caused him to misbehave so bad?
Sounds like a stuck key, check em all, sometimes they can look fine, but the conductor pad can be stuck to the IC board.

carlsson
April 29th, 2006, 06:23 AM
With a bit of luck, you could find something useful here:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm.html

Ray is also rather helpful if you contact him, describing the various issues. When you say the screen jumped around, it sounds like a bigger problem than a stuck keyboard. Also if the joystick malfunctions, I would start to think about CIA, but I'm not very skilled in the repair bit, and there is a lot of other small components that could cause a fault. If Ray can't help you, you might try your luck on comp.sys.cbm and/or cbm-hackers mailing list, while waiting for someone to reply here.

Computer Collector
May 2nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks For The Link, Carlson

Theres A Lot Of Stuff There To Check Out