PDA

View Full Version : Ataritel - LUMA Video Phone by the Atari offshoot - have two nearly new in the box

tonitdg
June 1st, 2012, 09:58 AM
I recently bought a big lot of computer and electronic items from an estate auction, that included some nice vintage items.

In the bunch, were two LUMA Video Phones, that I have since found out were made by Ataritel, apparently a short-lived? off shoot of Atari. They are both like new, in their original boxes with manuals, etc.

Any ideas where I might find someone interested in these?

Thanks, Toni

Securix
June 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Right here (raises hand) !

I recently bought a big lot of computer and electronic items from an estate auction, that included some nice vintage items.

In the bunch, were two LUMA Video Phones, that I have since found out were made by Ataritel, apparently a short-lived? off shoot of Atari. They are both like new, in their original boxes with manuals, etc.

Any ideas where I might find someone interested in these?

Thanks, Toni

NeXT
June 1st, 2012, 10:04 PM
If this is the videophone I think it is, that is the model right before the Mitsubishi VisiTel.
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4030/4588571898_cbf1fc8fce_b.jpg
Both are compatible with eachother, both can only do snapshots with a three second lag and both are completely incompatible with the later H.324 videophone standard. Good conversational pieces but really only useful in sets of two or more. Who is a person you know that you're just itching to see when you call them? ;)